Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter Open Combat
Open Combat is a recent set of historical/fantasy skirmish rules that Gav Thorpe is involved with. They've just launched a kickstarter to fund a print run.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/590...?ref=email

Quote:Open Combat has been available digitally since October 2014 in PDF format from the Second Thunder website (and has been well received by those playing it - more on that later). The aim of this Kickstarter is to fund a printed edition of the rules, helping to expand the reach of the game to gamers that prefer physical books over digital products.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Podcast coverage of Open Combat with writer Carl Brown

Malifools interview pt1

Malifools interview pt2

Malifools interview pt3

I had been meaning to get the PDF version, so now seems like a good time to jump in. So a Hard copy and PDF have been purchased.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Not long to go on this now. Just upped my pledge to include a couple of sets of dice.
Successful funded with full stretch goals achieved. I'm quite looking forward to Salute now, as any non-sci-fi models can easily fit into an open combat force. Means all those models become even more tempting.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I went for the hardback rulebook as well, looks interesting
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looking forward to giving this a try, and might use it as the basis for a narrative campaign I was thinking of running later in the year.

I've a got a load of Reaper Bones miniatures I can put to use, and I'm also eying up a handful of figures from Otherworld Miniatures.
I got a copy as well, i have a load of odd minis i should paint lying around that i could and should use for something
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
PDF links sent out for old campaigners.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen