Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New space marine MK IX kit coming? edit - Nope, plastic horus heresy kits
Quote:It started with Duffybear posting hints on Warseer. Harry contributed as well. Today the puzzle was solved. Duffybear was spot on with the Harlequin Troupe sprue and Harry should be well known for excellent rumors already. Duffybear's riddles hint towards a 'Blue Marine'-release so the new armour type, Mark IX, should be available for most SM chapters.

Quote:Duffybear on Warseer

Quote: Originally Posted by Mattcrowther00
Ohhhhhh what about MK9 power armour?

Mattcrowther00 wins

Here's what I know -
I have been told that there is a new mark of power armour coming at some point in the future. This is to help GW protect it's IP, so expect the design to be different from any previous version. It has been suggested that it looks a bit like Ironman's armour, but I haven't seen it so I don't know how close this is to reality. I don't have a time frame for the arrival and I don't know if old kits will be phased out or if they will remain alongside it. I'm guessing/hoping that older kits will remain as they are and all new kits will feature mark IX armour. This makes the most sense to me, but then this is GW we are talking about here.

That's all I know at this stage and Harry probably knows more than me about what's coming because he's hinting at bigger shocks.

As always take this with a pinch of salt. As you all know, I pass on what I hear, so if it's incorrect I apologise in advance.

I've had some fun over the last couple of days with the hints and riddles, so I may do it this way from now on. Sorry if that will cause you problems.

Next post

Quote: Originally Posted by Bob Hunk
Haha, ok yes now you've said it all your clues are really obvious. Wow, maybe I really am going to be ahead of the curve. But hold on, if it looks like Ironman, how does that help protect their IP?

I think it just means that it's more advanced than the previous versions with all their nuts bolts and rivets showing. Maybe a bit more streamlined and the helmet changed slightly or something like that. remember that the Mechanicus have been gathering alien tech for a while now so I wouldn't be surprised if they have borrowed a few techniques from another species. I wouldn't think too much about the Ironman suit look just yet as it was only one person's interpretation.

Sorry about the mix up with mark IX and X at the beginning. One source said it was X but he was including GK armour as a mark. Finally got to the bottom of that after talking to him again.

I'm actually really looking forward to it! The FW suits have been great and I imagine these will be just as cool.

In the words of the great Pie-king

"BRING IT ON!"

P.S I told you it was obvious.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread...ost7382664

Quote:Harry

You are laughing now. This will cause a ***** storm of similar proportions on the 40K boards to the one we have been enjoying on the fantasy side.

Oh you guys are gonna love it.

Quote:Duffybear on Warseer

I do wonder if they will introduce it as a single unit.

I'm not sure if it was an official piece of artwork, but I remember seeing an Ultramarine with an Ironman style helmet faceplate at some point. Maybe they are just working off of that and only making slight changes to rest of the suit. The centurion kit has proved that they are willing to advance the story and the tech ever so slightly so it is possible for them to add new units in.

I suppose that these new suits could in fact be reworked older marks that a chapter has taken to improving themselves. If they are very similar and just feature a new helmet, set of arms and shoulder plates, or something like that then they would end up compatible with the other marine and variant chapter kits as well. If this is the case and the suit is similar to the Ultramarines art and they are the designers, then that could also explain why the new suit would be suddenly so widespread - Ultramarines being the parent chapter of so many mainstream chapters after all.

Just some thoughts.

Quote: Originally Posted by Commissar Merces
Yes because we needed more space marines before plastic sisters or a flavorful Chaos book.

This sounds like the least cool idea GW has had since Grimnar turned into Santa

I don't know when they are coming out. It could be before or after CSM/SoB (if those rumours are true). It could even be next year for all I know.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
Hey Duffy, you wouldn't happen to know if there's anything to the Tzeentch and Sisters rumor would ya?

Sorry but I don't know anything about either of those. I really wish I did though, because Sisters are my favourite army

No date yet - we will probably get more rumors soon enough.

Nice looks like i picked right time to get back on SM band wagon lol
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Hopefully it looks like Damocles armour-
[Image: Armaduradamocles.jpg]
More than likely a single week release, wonder if it will slot in after end times 5..
So maybe late march/early may release?

But then i also have question the storm comment, advancing the storyline?
Blood bowl Skaven
I thought the veteran sergeants armour in the tactical marine box was a variation of MKIX armour? I thought I read it somewhere in a rulebook or some blurb somewhere. With the larger neck protection of the cuirass and the armoured cabling and other extras. Could be wrong though.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(14-02-2015, 12:20 PM)will Wrote: I thought the veteran sergeants armour in the tactical marine box was a variation of MKIX armour? I thought I read it somewhere in a rulebook or some blurb somewhere. With the larger neck protection of the cuirass and the armoured cabling and other extras. Could be wrong though.
Nope,your thinking of the Mk VIII armour, and VII is the standard armour worn now.
Blood bowl Skaven
Less excited for this now, seems was confusion-
Quote:Duffybear1988 Wrote
Quote:Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I think I can clear this one up.
It would seem duffybear heard a rumour about new space marines. He naturally assumed these were what came next .... mark 9
However it did not occur to him that what his rumour was about was what came before .....

I think these rumours ARE part of the same thing.

I think Duffy's rumours are about the new space marines for THIS .... for 30K
So that would make it not mark 9 but something like Mark 3 / Mark 4 ? armour. (Or whatever armour it was 30K ...someone will have to help me out with that)

The armour is a simpler, earlier version of the power armour we all know and love.
It looks a bit like something Tony Stark might have knocked up in the desert.

I hope that clears up any fuss I way have caused.
I shall now butt out and leave this to hastings ..... whoever he is.
Yeah sorry I got the Mk. IX thing wrong guys. I was right with the new armour, but it seems as Harry says, it wasn't going forward, it was going back in time. It'll be interesting to see what this new armour ends up looking like.
Heresy era armour is cool and all, but would have preferred a MK IX suit.
Blood bowl Skaven
Not if it accompanies the 30k plastics. Seems GW have realised how much money they can make in a decent era.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(18-02-2015, 12:25 AM)Gareth Wrote: Not if it accompanies the 30k plastics. Seems GW have realised how much money they can make in a decent era.
[Image: gone-fishing.jpg]
Blood bowl Skaven
(18-02-2015, 12:26 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(18-02-2015, 12:25 AM)Gareth Wrote: Not if it accompanies the 30k plastics. Seems GW have realised how much money they can make in a decent era.
[Image: gone-fishing.jpg]

:p
Blood bowl Skaven
Its here

http://imgur.com/a/r8FRk