Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedwoods' Pile of Shame
Updates galore! One Flyrant done, the other just has a wing left (which can sit there for a while as it's not required quite yet) and 4/10 Gargoyles finished. Some sneak peeks of future stuff too... Next update will be some photos of the Gargoyles, probably tomorrow.
[Image: IMG_20150218_193848.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150218_193859.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150218_193827.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150218_193726.jpg]

And the sneak peek...
[Image: IMG_20150218_193314.jpg]
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Update time!
The four Gargoyles are properly finished now, so pictures to follow. Next on the League hitlist are the 6 Ripper bases, which shouldn't take too long to paint up and base. In the meantime, my Malanthrope is assembled and primed - and my Dimachaeron is coming together nicely. Both models were too cool to ignore, so I couldn't help myself...

Come on, Garvi... It's not going to go well!
[Image: IMG_20150220_002043.jpg]
Gargoyles!
[Image: IMG_20150221_172815.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150221_172912.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150221_172942.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150221_173007.jpg]
And a sneak preview...
[Image: IMG_20150222_203817.jpg]
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Looking good!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(23-02-2015, 04:24 PM)manrogue Wrote: Looking good!

Cheers Big Grin
All that's left to paint up for the campaign are 6 ripper bases (an evening's work), a mucolid (an evening's work alongside something else), 6 Gargoyles (a few sessions at least) and a biovore + spore mines (which shouldn't take long). So, I should manage to get everything ready with a week or so to spare Smile
Project Log
(23-02-2015, 04:44 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote:
(23-02-2015, 04:24 PM)manrogue Wrote: Looking good!

Cheers Big Grin
All that's left to paint up for the campaign are 6 ripper bases (an evening's work), a mucolid (an evening's work alongside something else), 6 Gargoyles (a few sessions at least) and a biovore + spore mines (which shouldn't take long). So, I should manage to get everything ready with a week or so to spare Smile
Git. Tongue

Still on my Tacs (90% done), need to do my drop pod and Sanguinary priest.... lol
Blood bowl Skaven
Dimachaeron should be finished tonight, I couldn't help myself but paint it - extremely good casting, hats of to FW on that one.
I got a little overexcited and got myself a Harridan... so that's a thing that's happening now. Progress to come.
This weekend will see the Rippers being taken from start to finish (provided I'm not stuck at work too long) and the second Mucolid too. Then I just have to knock out the remaining Gargoyles, the Biovore and some Spore Mines. Shouldn't be too hard.
I also need to stop buying 40k for a while, my backlog is getting horrifying... but if any new Chaos stuff drops in the coming weeks I'll be grabbing it straight away.
Next should be a finished Dimachaeron update!
Project Log
If you haven't got a pile of untouched/partially built kits in the corner you are not a true wargamer. Tongue

My pile of shame is terrifying lol
Blood bowl Skaven
UPDATE TIIIIME!

The Dimachaeron is done. Absolutely awesome model, can't wait to get it on the table!
I've also finished all 6 Ripper bases, the second Mucolid and the Biovore. They just need some 'Ardcoat then photos will follow. All 12 Spore Mines are assembled and primed, work will commence on them tonight - then it's just the last 6 Gargoyles to get done before the Campaign Big Grin I got greedy and grabbed myself an Exocrine, Tyrannofex and a Mawloc... All of which are now sub-assembled ready for priming... I also managed to grab a Dark Apostle and Abaddon for pennies on the Chaos side of things.
Really looking forward to starting work on my 30k stuff pretty soon, will be a nice break from the gribblies.
Dima:
[Image: IMG_20150228_005643.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150228_005550.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150228_005437.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150228_005528.jpg]
Project Log
More progress: last night all the Rippers, the Biovore and the second Mucolid had their varnish coats and all 12 Spore Mines were primed, ready for painting tonight. The projection is to get all the paintwork done on them tonight, and the bases started - as well as the first few colours on the 6 remaining Gargoyles. Tomorrow I'll get some paint on the Spore Mine bases, Saturday I'll finish them off and get the Gargoyles more finished - then Sunday should see the Gargoyles done, leaving Monday night for any final bits and packing them up Big Grin
Rippers:
[Image: IMG_20150303_205148.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150303_205159.jpg]
Biovore:
[Image: IMG_20150303_205514.jpg]
Mucolid:
[Image: IMG_20150303_205337.jpg]

All in all, Hive Fleet Bwytäwr is starting to come together now!
[Image: IMG_20150303_205551.jpg]
Project Log
A small update before I get some photos up -
After much cramming (and panic thinning my purple wash to try and stretch it a little further) I managed to get everything painted before we started on Tuesday. I may have been a bit rubbish on the table but the army looks fantastic and I'm extremely proud of the standard it's got to. Even the humble Spore Mines fit the theme. It's the first time I've fielded a fully thematic, painted army and I'm looking forward to growing it over the coming months.
For next month I'm likely to start growing out the swarm, nidzilla and beta strike components of the army simultaneously. 12 Hormagants for getting to objectives / tarpitting things quickly, a Devilfex (Fex + TL BL Devourers + Adrenal Glands) and a Tyrannocyte. Fex in the pod wherever it needs to be, rippers dropping onto objectives, mucolids dropping in to disrupt, Zoanthrope supporting the rest of the army, Biovore sitting in deployment barraging enemy infantry / making Spores, the Gargoyles and Gants heading up the board and the Flyrant murdering HVTs.
The Pod and Dakkafex are near completion, so I shouldn't have too much painting to do over the next month.
In the mean time my 30K army have begun... Mortarion, the Typhon and the Deathshroud are all sub-assembled ready for priming and the Spartan won't be far behind. Photos to follow today.
Project Log