Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
500 Pt escalation Campaign
So its that time of year again where i try and get a campaign going Tongue

I would like to run a 500pt escalation type campaign. So what do i mean by escalation? you start of with 500Pt list.
After the first month, you add 250 pts to make it 750pts total.
After the second month you add 250 pts to make it 1000Pts.
Etc until you 2000 Pts.

I not going to lie, i am fantastic at coming up at grand campaign schemes and then letting them wittle away, so any volunteers to help with this?

I am more than happy to keep the thread updated, so more looking for someone that can come up with a narrative ideas and help me keep it active.

So is this something that would interest people?

Edit-
Summary/update so far-
• 500pts starting point.
• Must fill out mandatory slots in your CAD/Detachment (ie HQ, 2 Troops). Codex Detachments are okay, no Formations, allies or unbound
• Only one OF EACH unit from each slot bar troops. (ie 2 HQ, 3 Elites, 3 Fast attack, 3 Heavy support) but no repeats. So no triple riptide, only one allowed, then crisis suits then stealth suits etc.
• 2 of each Dedicated transport allowed max. For Eldar, falcons can be taken as dedicated transports
• 2 Flyer/FMC max. No swooping/flying until 1250Pts for both.
• No Forgeworld until 1250 Pts
• Whatever unit you choose must stay in you army, the only thing that can be changed is upgrades at month end when you gain your 250 points.
• Low Allowed, no Super Heavies
• Losing 3 games in a row increase your point allowance to 300 for next month.
• No AV14 till 1250 Pts has been reached
• 4' x 4' till 1000 Pts, 6' x 4' for 1250Pts plus
• game a month to be played minimum
• Invisibility nerf in effect (count as BS1 when shot at (meaning templates and Blasts can hit you!), and opponent counts as WS1 when being hit only)
• Chaos only can summon, 1 unit max per turn.

Missed anything?

Players so far
Thom - Dark Angels
Tom - Dark Angels
Kev - Space Wolves
Vince - Blood Angels
Baal Dave - Blood Angels?
Dave - Sisters/Dark Angels?

Ben - Eldar
JJ - Eldar
Dan E - Tyranids
Will - Tyranids
Dann B - Necrons

Sam - Orks
Chris - Dark Eldar
Shucky - Chaos
Charlotte - Chaos Space Marines
Matt - Alpha Legion (30K)

Anyone i have missed?
Currently have 16 by my calculations if all the above is correct, split into three groups roughly according to forces (imperial 6, Chaos/Dark 5 and own goals5).

Could do with one more for each of the groups (bar imperials) if anyone knows someone interested?

Please drop lists here
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm interested. How many people are you looking for to participate?

I have a copy of a 40k campaign book Crusade of fire that might be of use - will have a look at it again.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'd be interested in this too, it might make a good follow on from the ToXG we've been running to be fair?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
That's what i was thinking, was also thinking maybe have a rule that all models must have at least 3 colours on? (won't lie, this is purely to encourage me to keep my painting streak up. Tongue)

Think having 6 players at least would be ideal, would it be possible to advertise and link here in the newsletter JJ to drum up interest?

Would like to kick it off at beginning of March potentially....

Just drawing up a Basic rules pack, but basics would be that your stuck with whatever you buy(you can upgrade though!). So it should encourage balanced list creation as your initial points will have to include HQ and two troops.

So for example Month 1's list-
Quote:+++ Vinces 500 Pt BA escalation list (500pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (500pts) ++

+ HQ (75pts) +

Sanguinary Priest (75pts) [Bolt Pistol, Jump pack, Warlord]

+ Elites (175pts) +

Sanguinary Guard Squad (175pts) [2x Encarmine Axe, 3x Encarmine Sword, Plasma Pistol, 5x Sanguinary Guard]

+ Troops (250pts) +

Tactical Squad (135pts) [4x Tactical Marine, Tactical Sergeant]
····Razorback [Twin Linked Heavy Bolter]

Tactical Squad (115pts) [Meltagun, 4x Tactical Marine, Tactical Sergeant]
····Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

Then month 2 it would look like this-
Quote:+++ Vinces 750 Pt BA escalation list (750pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (750pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

Relics and Detachment-rules [Codex: Blood Angels]

+ HQ (85pts) +

Sanguinary Priest (85pts) [Bolt Pistol, The Angel's Wing, Warlord]

+ Elites (370pts) +

Death Company Squad (170pts) [4x Bolt Pistol, 3x Chainsword, 5x Death Company Marine, Hand Flamer, Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Thunder Hammer]

Sanguinary Guard Squad (200pts) [4x Angelus Boltgun, Chapter Banner, 2x Encarmine Axe, 3x Encarmine Sword, Plasma Pistol, 5x Sanguinary Guard]

+ Troops (295pts) +

Tactical Squad (165pts) [4x Tactical Marine]
····Razorback [Twin Linked Assault Cannon]
····Tactical Sergeant [Chainsword, Combi-Grav]

Tactical Squad (130pts) [Meltagun, 4x Tactical Marine]
····Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
····Tactical Sergeant [Chainsword, Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Thoughts?
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm interested in this, couldn't get my head around the kill team one to be fair to many extra rules but as this is just basic 40k rules it sounds more fun!
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
Yep thats the idea, also i'm banding round the idea of limit people to one unit from each support slot(HQ,FA,Elite,Heavy) to try and stop min maxing. So for example, I'd be tempted to try and add 3 Assault squads with jump packs, 2x melta and combi-melta. Instead cap this at 1 and i'd have to take a bike squad, landspeeder squad etc etc instead.
I'd like for people to field units you don't see much anymore, and hopefully this would encourage this while at the same time stopping people spamming the more powerful units in the game.
The one i am slightly concerned about is troops, and there transports, as it could be quite easy to go serpent spam(as an example as its the easy one to pick out Tongue). Which is entirely what i am trying to avoid, so maybe limit people to two of each transport max?
Sent the feelers out and potentially have a couple of guys interested from outside the club.
As i say i'm still finalizing things, so any feedback or ideas are much appreciated. Smile
As i say, looking to kick this off Start March, so gives people time to paint and assemble those 500 Pt forces (okay gives ME chance lol)
Blood bowl Skaven
So have had some feedback from guys outside the club who play fluffy lists and they like the direction i am taking this, so far we have the following signed up (where i have listed more than one force it is because i have not had it specified what you are taking)-
Dann B - Orks/Necrons?
Dan E - Chaos/ Tyranids?
Shucky - Chaos
Vince - Blood Angels
JJ - Eldar
Chris - Necrons/Dark Angels/Dark Eldar?
Kev - Salamanders (space marines)

So i have 7 to get this off the ground, could do with one more to even up numbers.

Also if i have put you down as the wrong force let me know. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
Updated the first post with basics, what peoples thoughts on allowing the alternative CADS found in codices?

Think i will say no to formations but alternative CADS seem okay to me?
Blood bowl Skaven
(27-01-2015, 10:29 AM)manrogue Wrote: So have had some feedback from guys outside the club who play fluffy lists and they like the direction i am taking this, so far we have the following signed up (where i have listed more than one force it is because i have not had it specified what you are taking)-
Dann B - Orks/Necrons?
Dan E - Chaos/ Tyranids?
Shucky - Chaos
Vince - Blood Angels
JJ - Eldar
Chris - Necrons/Dark Angels/Dark Eldar?
Kev - Salamanders (space marines)

So i have 7 to get this off the ground, could do with one more to even up numbers.

Also if i have put you down as the wrong force let me know. Smile

Yeah space wolves for me please
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
I'll be down for this, I would use my orks, would force me to use the units I don't use that often.

also is there a minimum points to be spent on a unit, because in 500 points I can spent like 100 points on my HQ and 2 troops (2 mobs of grots and a mek) and then put in some over powered stuff with the rest of the points (mega nobs in a battle wagon for example).

of course I won't do this now I've pointed it out, but thought I should point it out before this gets started.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth