Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
500 Pt escalation Campaign
(28-01-2015, 11:35 AM)aprilmanha Wrote: What about the following:

No units of flier sized bases
No FOC bending unlocks (though this does mean I can't use Eldar at all here Big Grin)
Max 2 dedicated transports TOTAL
No LOWS who can't breath
No doubles in Elite, FA or HS
One source Army with only one standard FOC

I think this would be good and ensure we have a nice variety of armies with little spamming or lopsided lists.

This similar to what i want but wouldn't want to limit people to two dedicated transports total as it unfairly penalises close combat armies that can't deep strike (ie dark eldar).

I was going to allow modified CADS, as i don't think they are game breaking, but could be wrong?

AS for flyer sized bases, most flyers have had updates to be costed correctly (necrons are just getting there point increase from leaks out of new book) and i think flyers aren't that bad. MC wise, could limit them T5 max only until we reach 1250 Pts or something?

Great feedback though guys and girls Smile
(28-01-2015, 11:51 AM)aprilmanha Wrote:
(28-01-2015, 11:48 AM)manrogue Wrote: What would you suggest psychic powers wise?
I would think invisibility and summon would be the main two to do something with, but as i don't use psychics not sure if there is anything else.

I don't use them myself either, I think all the problem powers are warp charge 2 or more right?
Maybe we just reroll any powers with Warp charge 2 or more?
Nope summon is warp charge 1, invisibility is 2 i believe. so unfortunately its not that simple. Sad
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Limiting MC to T5 until 1250 would be... Interesting - Although Tyranids would be very heavily penalised. T6 may be more appropriate? Allows Hive Tyrants and Carnifexes. Then again, running pure horde could be fun!

As for Summon and Invisibility - I'd say that increasing the WC cost would be a good counter - or making them like Daemonology for non-daemons and introducing Perils on any double. Would keep them in the game but force the controlling player to think a little more carefully about casting them - especially Invisibility.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
For invisibility was thinking introducing the LVO ruling which is-
Quote:So, in order to create a more enjoyable environment for a larger number of players, we propose nerfing Invisibility as follows for our events: the target unit is hit at BS1 in shooting and on 5’s in assault. What this does is double the amount of close combat attacks that will hit an invisible unit, and it allows templates and blasts to hit them, too. We do not say hit at WS1 in assault as it means the target unit would actually get an offensive buff to hit enemy units always on 3’s.
So, it is still an incredible defensive buff, but not so over the top as to throw the game out of balance. Also, our gaming brothers and sisters over in the UK are already using this nerf in many of their organized play events and it has been well received. Much like the nerf of the 2+/2+ reroll save to 2+/4+, this is a change that I believe will be well received and make the game more enjoyable and less of a, “who got Invisibility off” contest.
I'll also try and summarise where we are at this afternoon.
Blood bowl Skaven
I like that, much more reasonable.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
I'd like to put my name forward for this as well if there arn't too many people already. I'll probably use my Tyranids to carry on from my tale of x gamers army.
As for restrictions I don't really have much of an opinion as I havn't played against any really broken lists yet in this edition. Not sure I like the idea of a T5 restiction as that bans all the tyranid monstrous creatures!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Of course Will, i will update in summary i'm about to do. Smile

For some reason i thought Tyranid MC's were T5... D'oh. Back to drawing board then. Maybe stick with the restriction FoC i mentioned, send me lists through PM and anything that looks to horrible i'll flag to run by a couple of expierenced players. I shouldn't need to, as its been said numerous times this more fluffy than competetive but you can never be to sure as some peoples views on whats OP is different to others.

For example, read a guy on Dakka the other day arguing that Wave serpents were undercosted and worst transport in the game, SMS devilfish were apparently better lol.

And another guy said buffmanders were a waste of points, lol

Oh and link to lists-
http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=2387
Try not to post in there please, keep discussion here. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
Summary so far (still work in progress, feedback if you see something you don't agree with)-
500 Pts starting point.
Must fill out mandatory slots in your CAD (ie HQ, 2 Troops).
No allies.
Only one unit from each slot bar troops. (ie HQ, Elites, Fast attack, Heavy support) So no triple riptide, only one allowed, then crisis suits then stealth suits etc.
2 of each Dedicated transport allowed max. For Eldar, falcons can be taken as dedicated transports
2 Flyer/FMC max. Seem reasonable?
Whatever unit you choose must stay in you army,the only thing that can be changed is upgrades at month end when you gain your 250 points.
Low Allowed but can't spend more than 250 Pts. This means Characters are a go but should stop super heavies.
Losing 3 games in a row increase your point allowance to 300 for month.
Invisibility nerf in effect
Maybe something to stop certain MC's
No AV14 till 1250 Pts has been reached?

Missed anything?

Edit - players so far

Matt - Alpha legion (exactly what kind TBC)
Thom - Dark Angels
Kev - Space Wolves
Vince - Blood Angel
Ben - Eldar
JJ - Eldar
Dann B - Orks/Necrons?
Shucky - Chaos
Chris - Necrons/Dark Angels/Dark Eldar?
Dan E - Tyranids
Will - tyranids
Charlotte - Tau
Dave - Sisters/Dark angels
Sam - Orks

Anyone i have missed?
Edit - currently have 14 by my calculations if all the above is correct.
Blood bowl Skaven
I think with those rules I could join in Smile
I'll post a Tau list when I get my hands on the book tonight.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(28-01-2015, 01:21 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: I think with those rules I could join in Smile
I'll post a Tau list when I get my hands on the book tonight.

Good stuff Smile

Also, if you are for or against the 30K being allowed in the escalation campaign could you vote in the poll HERE please?

Lets me know where people stand on it so i can work with Matt to get him involved. Smile

Edit - Also was thinking of using 4' x 4' tables up to 1000 Pts, then 6' x 4' for 1250 pts onwards. Sound okay?
Blood bowl Skaven