Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apocalypse game?
As some may of heard me mention on tuesday, i would like to do get an apocalypse game going at some point. I was thinking after the warmachine Campaign has finished to give me time to sort stuff out (i.e. some big terrain!).
This just an intial feeler to see who would be interested and may be look at doing it on a weekend, as i think we would struggle to get it done in a three hour tuesday night session?
Any suggestions welcome, and again let me know if interested. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
i would be interested. i can probably easily make 3000pts with my space marines just need to work on my orks which i might be able to squeeze out 2000pts.

for this apocalypse game we would need probably a day to do it or probably alot less depending on people consentration. best to include some big tanks stompas ect.

i would defently be up to doing it.

tom
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
It would be great to see a game of this scale. We'd have to look into the possibility of hiring the hall for a whole day one weekend, and perhaps run some other, longer games alongside it - a "Red War Weekender" Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yeah, I might be up for that, although I'm not very keen on huge sized games.
From experiance, though, even a 3000pt game would take a whole weekend if the advanced rules are used with objectives and victory points.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Sounds like a plan, wouldnt want the game to be to big, maybe combined total of between 7500- 10,000.
hopefully by that point alot of people would have the rules nailed down(:cough: me!) so it would run quite smooth.
i have both apocalypse rule books as well now, so once i am top of standard rules will read up on them! (and would like to get This for it!
And as you say Stuart no reason why couldn't get a one day warmachine/WFB campaign or something on at same time so everyone benefits!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
do you mean 10,000 aside as if everyone had an apocalypse army each and it was altogether 10,000 we would only have 3 players...
my games:
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
If it was 10,000 a side then it would take at least 3/4 days to complete. I might not be up for it, though.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(03-07-2011, 09:23 AM)Luke the Squig Wrote: If it was 10,000 a side then it would take at least 3/4 days to complete. I might not be up for it, though.
mate it wouldn't take that in a white dwarf magazine they did a battle report of roughly 20,000 pts a side and managed to do it in about a day and into about 11 at night

my games:
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Yeah, but they have memorized everything in the rules and used space marines and chaos which cost a lot of points, so not many models. Trust me, I have played a 2000pt game with my guru mates, and it took all day.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
yep i guess they will have to be total boffs to do it in a day. atm sarah has the apoclypse battle report magazine i have but when she has finished with it if anyone else wants to borrow it they are welcome.
my games:
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green