Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonian 2015 build up and tournament thread!
I'm scared!
Any update to how you guys are faring?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Hey guys,

Will do a game by game report when I get the chance, I ended 28th and Nick finished 19th

Top 30 for you both, good stuff!
Blood bowl Skaven
Good going guys Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Well done, looking forward to the reports!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Epic weekend! Really pleased with my 4 wins and had 5 great games! I think the highlight was having my chapter master, Mephiston, Dante and 2 centurions killed by a single stomp from a night but in the same assault phase I killed a necromancy overlord on barge with a single melta over watch shot! Actually managed to win the game too which considering I lost 700+ points turn 1 to a single roll of a 6 was a hell of a result!

When the pics get posted of best painted if seriously recommend checking out the necromancy army that won it! They're out of this world!
Hey guys,

So here are my day1 reports, day2 to follow when I have a bit more time.

GAME1: Big Guns, Hammer and Anvil

The sisters player ended up not attending the event, so all the planning went out the window.. I ended up playing this list:

Daniel Russell
Alliance level: Battle Brothers
PRIMARY COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: [Eldar]

HQ 1: Farseer (100) singing spear (5) jetbike (5) = [120] [WARLORD]
HQ 2: Farseer (100) singing spear (5) jetbike (5) = [120]
TROOP 1: Windrider Jetbikes: 3 Jetbikes [51]
TROOP 2: Windrider Jetbikes: 3 Jetbikes [51]
FAST ATTACK 1: Crimson Hunter Exarch (180) Bright Lances (0) =[180]
FAST ATTACK 2: Nightwing (145) =[145]
FAST ATTACK 3: Nightwing (145) =[145]
HEAVY SUPPORT 1: Vaul's Wrath Battery, 3 Shadow Weavers (3 x 30) [90]

FORTIFICATION: Aegis Defence Line (50) comm link (20) [70]

ALLIED DETACHMENT: [Dark Eldar]
HQ 1: Archon (60) webway portal (35) hatwire grenade (5) armour of misery (15) [115] + TRANSPORT 1
HQ 1: Court of the Archon: 1 Lhamian (10) [10]+ TRANSPORT 2
ELITE 1 Wracks: 5 Wracks (55) [55] + TRANSPORT 3
TROOP 1 Kabalite Warriors (45) [45] + TRANSPORT 4
TROOP 2 Kabalite Warriors (45) [45] + TRANSPORT 5
FAST ATTACK: Reaver Jetbikes: 12 Reaver Jetbikes (192) 4 cluster caltrops (4x15) 4 heat lances (4x10) [292]
TRANSPORT 1 Venom (55) splinter cannon (10) [65]
TRANSPORT 2 Venom (55) splinter cannon (10) [65]
TRANSPORT 3 Venom (55) splinter cannon (10) [65]
TRANSPORT 4 Venom (55) splinter cannon (10) [65]
TRANSPORT 5 Venom (55) splinter cannon (10) [65]
TOTAL 1849

Looking at his list I felt quite confident if I won the roll for board sides, I didn't, he got 2 LoS blocking pieces of terrain to my zero LoS blocking terrain, I did won the roll for turns, deployed first in a spread out manner, 2 Serpents left flank, 2 right, wraithknights and shadow weavers central with summoning seer behind, warlord seer joins the shadow weavers, Dan only needed one LoS blocker, he ended up hiding 5 Venoms and the Shadow Weavers behind a giant wall.. he reserved the Jetbikes and the Reaver deathstar would deep strike without scattering somewhere nice, so I gave him turn1 as I would have nothing to shoot at and the objective jump would be vital!

TURN1:
After fanning his entire army out, I got lucky turn1 as he shot everything into a single Wraithknight reducing it to one wound. No first strike!

I gunned down a single Venom, made another jink and immobilised another.. my dice were shocking! I expected to kill 3 at least.

TURN2
Everything arrived from reserve as planned for Dan, Jetbikes stayed in reserve. He moves and shoots lots of shots, doesn't kill the Wraithknight on one wound, does blow up a Serpent and reduces another to a single HP

I split my priorities, focussing on one flyer and trying to kill the obsec venoms, I kill another Venom and a Nightwing, plus the contents of the Venom.

TURN3

The Reaver deathstar fluffs massively as it fails to kill a Serpent in combat, I lose the serpent on 1HP to a flyer and I lose the 1 wound Wraithknight, then I lose the other Wraithknight to a neat trick using some archon buff to reduce my LD by 2, he shrieks with a Farseer, I throw all but a couple of dice to stop it (15) to stop 1 success, I fail and he takes it off the table.. clever tactic.

My turn3 and I finish off all but the immobilised Venom, but I'm turbing serpents around to get into position for a turn5 objective grab and to avoid the reaver star, I have been summoning in my backfield to help with the Deathstar and contest objectives, Horrors and Daemonettes and Screamers. 2 units of Screamers have gone into his backfield tho and 1 unit is locked in combat with a unit of Jetbikes.

Turn4
Reavers take the bait of an empty obsec Serpent I moved about 18" away from the Reavers, but its out the way massively, well its about 30" from another objective and its on the one none scoring objective and he goes for it. he wrecks it, cannot consolidate and can now only turbo to contest objectives next turn! (we only have 15mins left, so turn5 will be the last turn).

I rush my turn4, dropping off Dire Avengers to kill the Archon which they do, a Serpent and Shadow Weaver kills the rest of the infantry around objectives, leaving him with just a few Wracks, Nightwing, Shadow Weaver unit and the Reaver Deathstar with 2 attached characters.

Turn5

Dan turbos onto objectives, splitting off like crazy, he ends up on every objective with at least something and does nothing with the Nightwing against a Serpent.

My turn5 is crazy rushed with 2 mins to play, Tim king will call the game after 2 mins and that will be that.. dice down, no more movement or anything.. so I don't even bother shooting, Dire Avengers jump on one objective to take it from the Shadow Weavers, Obsec Serpent moves to another to take it from the Wracks, both Screamer units contest 2 objectives between them, anther Dire Avenger unit moves to take another objective from a Farseer.

And will have to call is there.

I end up taking the primary mission 9-2 (2 heavies for him, 3 objectives for me) I take the maelstrom 9-7 and tertiary 2-1 (linebreaker and firststrike to Dans linebreaker)

20-0 win!

Was happy to get the win, played pretty perfectly if a little slowly, was rushing way to much, but learnt a lot from the game.

GAME2: Purge the Alien and Vanguard Strike

Ryan Atherton
Alliance level: single detachment
Primary - Combined Arms Detatchment - Eldar

HQ1- Farseer - 170 points
(Jetbike, Mantle of the laughing god, The Spirit stone of Anath'lan) [WARLORD]
HQ2- Eldrad - 205 Points
TROOP1- Dire Avengers(5) - 210 points
+ Wave Serpent (Holo-Fields, Twin-Linked Scatter laser, Shuriken Cannon)
Dire Avengers(5) + Wave Serpent (Holo-Fields, Twin-Linked Scatter laser, Shuriken Cannon)
TROOP2- Dire Avengers(5) - 210 points
Dire Avengers(5) + Wave Serpent (Holo-Fields, Twin-Linked Scatter laser, Shuriken Cannon)
TROOP3- Dire Avengers(5) - 210 points
ELITES1- Wraithguard(5) - 305 points
HEAVY SUPPORT1- Wraithknight - 240 points
HEAVY SUPPORT2- Wraithknight - 300 points
(Scatter Laser, Suncannon & Scattershield)

Pretty much a mirror match, bar I have less points invested in Holofields and Fire Dragons over Wraithguard, and my Inquisition which I squeezed in.

I won all the vital rolls, I got some LoS blocking terrain and a few ruins to hide things in, Ryan had just a single ruin, I won the roll for turn1 and took it!

Unfortunately for Ryan this wasn't much of a game, its a brief one this... its just Serpents firing at each other Wraithknights firing at each other.

TURN1
I took out a Dire Avenger Serpent and reduced Eldrads/Wraithguard Serpent to 1 HP. Wraithknights put 2 wounds on his Heavy Wraithcannon Wraithknight.

He took out a Dire Avenger Serpent with his Serpents and did no damage to my Wraithknights.

TURN2
I took out Eldrads Serpent another Dire Avenger Serpent and put 2 wounds on his Mantle Seer (he passed 4 3+ saves from a Serpent Shield) I put another wound on the same Wraithknight.

Ryan did no damage..

TURN3
I take out the remaining Serpent, them my Wraithknight rolls a 6 when wounding his Wraithknight and Ryan fails his cover save, I also 6 his other Wraithknight which is in the open and fails his 5+ inv and kill the mantle seer with my Serpents... leaving just 10 Dire Avengers, Eldrad and 5 Wraithguard all within 6" of the right hand side of the table.. he's miles away.

Ryan calls the game. He had no cover, nowhere to hide it would of just been rolling dice. A shame it wasn't more of game, but really these Serpent mirror matchs are decided by a few roles early game.

As Ryan called it, I won 20-0 with max Maelstrom 23-0 and 3-0 tertiary

I had first turn and rolled well, he didn't roll badly turn1 but I had done enough damage and he hadn't that in my turn2 I could cripple his army.

Leaves me on 40/40 points.

GAME3: Relic, Hammer and Anvil.

Max Barton
Alliance level: Battle Brothers
Primary: Flesh Tearers Strike Force

HQ1: Sanguinary Priest (60): Jump Pack (15), The Veritas Vita (15), Bolt Pistol (1)= 91<---warlord
LOW: Commander Dante (220) = 220
ELITE1: 9 man Sanguinary Guard (165 + 132): Chapter Banner (25), Power Fists (2x10) = 342
TROOP1: 10 man Tactical Squad (70 + 5x14): Combi Melta on Sergeant (10), Melta Gun (10), Heavy Flamer (10) = 170 Drop Pod Transport (35) = 35
FA1: 5 man Assault Squad (85): 2x Melta Gun (2x10) Combi Melta (10) on Sergeant = 115 Drop Pod transport(0) = 0
FA2: 5 man Assault Squad (85): 2x Melta Gun (2x10) Combi Melta (10) on Sergeant = 115 Drop Pod transport (0) = 0
FA3: 5 man Assault Squad (85): 2x Melta Gun (2x10) Combi Melta (10) on Sergeant = 115 Drop Pod transport (0) = 0
FA4: 5 man Assault Squad (85): 2x Melta Gun (2x10) Combi Melta (10) on Sergeant = 115 Drop Pod transport (0) = 0
FA5: 5 man Assault Squad (85): 2x Melta Gun (2x10) Combi Melta (10) on Sergeant = 115 Drop Pod transport(0) = 0
FA6: 5 man Assault Squad (85): 2x Melta Gun (2x10) Combi Melta (10) on Sergeant = 115 Drop Pod transport (0) = 0

ALLIED DETACHMENT : Iron Hands (Space Marine) Allied Detachment
HQ1: Chapter Master (130): Bike (20), Power Fist (25), The Shield Eternal (50), Artificer Armour (20) = 245
TROOP1: Scout Squad (55) = 55

TOTAL 1848

Max's list is designed to beat mech! He did take a lot of pleasure when I asked how many melta in total when he answered 20..

I ended up winning sides (3 maelstrom objectives on my side, 2 on his and 1 in the centre). I win turn1 and give it away.

TURN1
He just deploys the deathstar of Sang Guard, Priest, Chap Master and Dante. These jump on the relic and fall back.

He then lands 4 pods of Assault marines in my face. But targets a single Wraithknight in the open (bait!) He only does 2 wounds to it from 12 Melta!

I've castled in a corner bar the Mantle Seer on the opposite flank (again bait for a melta squad looking to get lucky) I disembark every eldar unit and go after these squads knowing I've got to finish them off or mostly off to stand a chance. Dire Avengers and Serpents do a great job finishing off 2 squads between them. The Wraithknights kill a few from either squad as well. 1 passes moral and is charged. But the Wraithknight fuffs big time, only killing 1.. the other squad fails and runs between 3 pods so the Wraithknight cannot make it through the gap to charge...

TURN2
1 more pod comes down, they dont do any more damage, the deathstar continues to retreat with the Relic. Wraithknight in combat does little again killing 2 Marines leaving it facing 2.

My turn2 as more marines dropped in this turn 2 Avenger squads stay out, the other gets back in and the Serpent moves to block room. This time the Avengers fluff it a little, killing 4 between 2 squads leaving 1 marine. The one fire dragon that survived the Pods storm bolter shots wrecks a Pod with a Meltabomb for a Maelstrom point. Into assault, the Wraithknight assaults the squad that ran away last turn, the Dire Avengers assault the lone marine. All 3 combats stay locked this turn.. Both wraithknights are left fighting 1 marine.

Turn3
The last assault squad pod lands in my face again, immobilising a Serpent this time. The Dire Avengers remain locked with the lone marine, the Wraithknights fair better finishing both squad off. Oh and the Deathstar continues to run away.

My turn3, knowing 10 tactical marines are about to land in my face I leave 1 Wraithknight behind to deal with that and another moves forwards to the Deathstar. Shooting sees a few assault marines die, the Wraithknight finishes them off in combat, this time the Farseer assaults the lone Marine doing no damage.

Turn4
The tac squad comes down and kills some Dire Avengers the melta part of the squad kills a Serpent. Finally that marine left in combat fails a save and the Dire Avengers and Farseer are freed.

The Farseers start to summon stuff now, getting 2 units of Screamers on the table, both turbo boosting about to get within striking distance.

Oh at some stage the Farseer in the middle of the pods, summoned a Herald, which summoned a unit of Horrors which this turn turned themselves into a Lord of change, which runs towards the Deathstar after it landed safely. The Wraithknights finish off the Marines after shooting whittles them down.

TURN5
I think Max feels he has won primary and somehow he's ahead on Maelstrom (I've not been keep a good check on what he's been getting but when he said he had 6 I was shocked... he only made it clear in 1 turn what he had got at that was an objective...) He runs off again.

I needed to get some Maelstrom points and I have a good hand, after moving I get 1 point for dominating objectives and another 2 for holding more than double his objectives, giving me the lead.

The Lord of change moves and runs to contest the relic, if the game ends I've drawn primary and won the rest.

The game goes on!

TURN6

Max's deathstar charges and kills the Lord of change, but gets 1" consolidation, so cannot hide the relic, so I move a unit of screamers to contest and the game ends!!

Another close game!

Drew primary 5-5, won secondary 9-6 and won tertiary 2-1 with linebreaker and first strike.

15-5 win and I would be on table5 Game4!

So ends a VERY successful day1! I'm on 55/60points.

Cheers Rob, nice play by play report. Looking forward to reading day 2's. Smile
Blood bowl Skaven
Day2:

GAME4: Scouring and Dawn of War

Sam Dickinson
Alliance level: single detachment
Combined Arms detachment: Necrons

HQ1 Necron Overlord [90] + warscythe [10] + mindshackle scarabs [15] + sempiternal weave [15] + phase shifter [45] = 175 [warlord]
• Catacomb Command Barge = 80

• 5 Crypteks [125] + 2× Harbinger of Destruction [20] + 3× Harbinger of the Storm = 145

HQ2 Necron Overlord [90] + warscythe [10] + mindshackle scarabs [15] + sempiternal weave [15] + phase shifter [45] = 175
• Catacomb Command Barge = 80

• 5 Crypteks [125] + 2× Harbinger of Destruction [20] + 3× Harbinger of the Storm = 145

Troops 1, 5 Necron Warriors = 65
• Night Scythe = 100
Troops 2, 5 Necron Warriors = 65
• Night Scythe = 100
Troops 3, 5 Necron Warriors = 65
• Night Scythe = 100
Troops 4, 5 Necron Warriors = 65
• Night Scythe = 100
Troops 5, 7 Necron Immortals [119]+ tesla carbines= 119

Heavy Support 1, Annihilation Barge = 90
Heavy Support 2, Annihilation Barge = 90
Heavy Support 3, Annihilation Barge = 90

1,849 points

So Day2 begins against Necrons and a list designed purely to beat Serpents and Imperial Knights, Sam took great pleasure is saying he's beat 2 Serpent players so far by tabling wins... So he's obviously going to know what to do.

But I've thought ALOT about this match up and how I will play it, so I have a clear strategy in mind.

I win the roll for sides, giving up 2 LOS blocking terrain and 2 objectives for 3 objectives... I lose the roll to deploy first, but same hands me the initiative.

TURN1
After Sam deployed both Bargelords behind LoS blocking terrain he then deployed the Immortals and 2 lance Crypteks centrally and then 3 Annihilation barges opposite my army. So I took turn1, removed the Immortals and both Crypteks both didn't get back up, so thats Firststrike, Annihilation barges both had 3+ cover and saved all 4 Wraithknight cannons hits and wounds. I did however get a unit of Daemonettes to misshap into reserve.

Sams turn1 sees him move and turbo both barge lords to where the Immortals were, all 3 Annibarges lined up a Wraithknight. Sam puts 3 wounds on the Wraithknight and that was it.

TURN2
I place the Daemonettes in such away the Annibarges cannot get out the corner unless they move super close to the Wraithknights which both back away from the Bargelords. Shooting sees both barge lords killed and only 1 gets back up. The 1 Annihilation barge is stripped of all its Hps by Serpent Shields and another reduced to 1.

Sam only gets 1 flyer on from reserve this turn, the Stormteks, Sam shoots into the Daemonettes and Wraithknight, doing little to both! The Bargelord does charge a Wraithknight, its masses Mindshackles and stomps it into the ground, it does not get back up.

TURN3
I shoot down the Flyer and Kill a Annihilation barge with Daemonettes, the other is too well hidden and I've been defensive with the Wraithknights just incase the bargelords get into my lines.

Only 1 more flyer comes on, stormteks again, does no damage and the Warriors that fell out the last Scythe come on and kill all but one deamonette.

TURN4
I jump over 1 Wraithknight and kill the Warriors and kill the Annihilation barge, the Serpents fail to kill the flyer.. leaving it on one HP...

Sams turn4 and he gets everything on, he kills 1 Serpent and does damage to another.

My turn5
I'm fulling pushing now, I'm on all but the 1pt objective, but I'm sure I've made a big mistake, to typing this out to find out how as at the time I cannot work out if I could have played it any better, basically I have 2 Chimeras and 1 of the Shadow Weaves on an objective bottom right worth 3pts, a Fire Dragon Serpent (with Fire Dragons) on a 3pt objective top right, centrally I have a unit of Horrors (8 of them) on a 2pt objective surrounding it. Both Wraithknights are out of range to any other objective so move to help contest the Fire Dragon objective, leaving 1 Avenger squad on the central objective. I do nothing in my shooting phase as everything misses or has flat out.

Sam jumps off 5 Warriors and Lanceteks to kill off the Avengers centrally, but fail, 2 survive (objective contested), he moves the Warriors to take the 3pts objective from the Fire Dragons and Wraithknights as they're obsec, so shoots them into the Horrors and kills 8 of them.. leaving them out of range, leaving the 4pt objective till last using the last Warrior squad to shoot up the Avenger Serpent killing it, but he deployed the warriors in such away I cannot get onto the that objective..

If the game ends..

Ive won secondary by 11-1, tertary 3-0 and primary I lose 7-3...

the game ends... 10-10 draw.. if the game goes on. I win 20-0. as I turbo the mantle seer onto the central objective which he cannot get to a Wraithknight kills the Warriors on the fire Dragon objective, the 4pt, will be lost probably, but I summon screamers to grab the 1pt objective, leaving me on 9 and and sam at most can capture 6, then he has to survive my shooting phase.. which I have 2 Serpents, 2 Chimeras and Shadow Weavers and 4 Shrieks to kill 2 units of Warriors..
Gutted! But at least it wasnt a loss and my objective for the weekend of 3 wins and a draw had been achieved.

This leaves me on 65pts out of 80

GAME5 Crusade, Hammer and Anvil

I would be facing off against: Courtney Rhodes and his Greentide army!

Co Rhodes
Alliance level: Formation/Battle Brothers
COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Orks!!!

HQ1 : Ork warboss (60) bike (25) boss pole (5) power claw (25) da lucky stick(25) =140 HQ2 : mad doc grotsnik =160
Elite1 : 7 tank busta boys=91
Troop 1 : 10 boys (60) nob (10) boss pole (5) in transport 1=75 Troop 2 : 11 boys (66) nob (10) boss pole (5) =81
FA1: 4 deff coptas =120
HS1: 15 lootas =210
HS2: looted wagon (37) killcannon (30) reinforced ram (5) =72 HS3: looted wagon (37) killcannon (30) reinforced ram (5) =72
Transport1 : truck with rocket (30) reinforced ram (5)=35
Total =1056

Green tide formation : codex ghazskull
HQ1 : Ork warboss (60) evy armour (4) power claw (25)=89 (warlord)
Troop 1 : 10 boys (60) nob (10) power claw (25) =95
10 boys (60) nob (10) power claw (25) =95
10 boys (60) nob (10) power claw (25) =95
10 boys =60 10 boys =60 10 boys =60
10 boys =60 10 boys =60
10 boys =60 10 boys =60

Total= 794 Grand total = 1850

Okay so my first thought is we're never getting to turn5 let alone 6, so going last would be massive, I then tried to get lucky and failed, putting 4 objectives an one side and 2 on the other.. I then lost the roll for sides and basically this handed Co the win... or so it felt at the time.

Co didn't get first strike and I did, killing Deff Coptas and both looted wagons turn1 to kill some mobility. As Co moves super super super quick, I had no room to summon as didn't want a bad scatter and for Co to get an easy charge and a full tide in my deployment zone turn2 or 3.

The rest of the game is basically a stalemate of him putting his entire greentide 24.1” basically half way across the table away from me as he can move, run then assault so has basically a 24” threat range and if I advance I will get multi assaulted and then wiped from the table, so he sweeps up 2 maelstrom cards per turn, I get seriously bad tactical objectives all of the objectives ones are on his board edge or hold double his objectives etc as I can hardly generate any... 2 per turn, I give up on that turn3 when I draw more crappy ones.. I remove everything bar a handfull of boys from 1 squad, 1 unit of boys that started in reserve a truck and about 20 boys + characters from the tide. So I've done a lot of damage. Going into turn 5, Co has 2 objectives, I have 1 and 1 in the open, uncontested, so in my turn 5 I move the mantle seer to get linebreaker, summon screamers get that 3rd objective and if the game ends I lose narrowly 9-11

But it doesn't.. the game goes to turn6, but we have about 5mins to play it, so just talk it through and co wins 16-4.

He wins primary 9-3 as he easily kills 3 Screamers or move the truck to contest that objective, the boys assault mantle seer and will kill him, but will string back to stay on the objective they are on, Co wins secondary by a crazy amount to my 1 or 2 points and I win tertiary 2-0. As I have more screamers waiting for linebreaker.

A very interesting game, not entirely enjoyable to be hemmed into a corner for 6 turns and neither of us wanting to commit.. well, he could have, I couldn't have as I would have been tabled, Co was an excellent player and extremely friendly. He was super quick at moving the tide and had some excellent ideas about how to speed up his play like moving the back row in my turns (but saying in his turn where he would move the majority and the important models). So we easily fit in 5 turns and 6 we could have played rushed by just needed a few seconds to play through.

This left me on 69/100pts.

So a poor day 2 really just picking up the 14 out of 40pts.

This left me in 28th place, my personal objectives were both met, top30 and 3wins and draw as minimum, but it could have been so much more had both games today ended when I wanted. But thats how this game is sometimes, as disappointing as it is, I have had plenty of games that have ended with me clinging to the edge of disaster only for the game to end turn5 and I've won! So the dice gods give with one hand and take with the order, we have to accept this and move on as I'd done everything I could have.

As for the list, well, it did okay, wasn't impressed much by the inquisition or the second farseer, mantle farseer was awesome, Serpents did great, Dragons only saw action in one game... dire avengers were excellent, Wraithknights did very well, shadow weavers.. 60pts to hide a warlord that didn't die once, yeah, they did well, but didn't do any damage in any game...

So a few tweaks before the GT Final and thats 1650pts.