Poll: Do we accept End Times army lists
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.50%
5 62.50%
No
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End Times Armies?
The current End Times books (Nagash and Glottkin, and also expected Khaines,) have new army lists in. These 'legion' lists combine multiple army books into one force.

Question is, do we allow the armies presented in the End Times books alongside those of the other 14 widely available.

Poll closes 1-12-14

Feel free to discuss below.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I think massing all the armies together to allow any units to join your army to plug up army book weaknesses spoils the point of taking one army over another, leaving only hodgepodge armies.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
Not necessarily though. Deamons, Warriors and Vampires are good enough as is. However Beasts and Tomb Kings are garbage. Allowing those armies access to the relevant legions, gives them not just new units but also rules that make them more playable.

Charlie your reaction was similar to my first instinct. However there are other things that have stayed my vote at the moment. I am aware of what other questions I will ask, if the Legion lists are accepted (there are no reason to bring them up though, as the club may wish to reject legions.)

However you do have a valid point from the feel of the armies, and it's always good to discuss things. As the sticky tried to point out, there are a huge degree of changes being brought to Warhammer at the moment. The end times books do say it's a tool box, and you can pick and choose what to play with, and I feel it's important that the club decides what becomes the norm, as far as its concerned.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I dunno, Wills Beastmen gave my high elves a sound beating last time we played.
Never seen anyone play tomb kings though.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
I'm not really planning on using the Legons lists, except maybe to have some monsters in my beastmen army that don't die to sustained heavy breathing.
But I'm all for anything that gives people more flexablitly in creating their armys. Who knows maybe we will see a warriors of chaos army not lead by a deamon prince or a high elf army without that banner. :O
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I have no idea what they would be like to play against with a normal army, but would be happy to play against them to try. If they turn out to be totally broken I guess I would be reluctant to play without some adjustment in pts for a normal army.

So my opinion is: happy to play them but please specify you will be taking a legion list, and revisit the decision in a few months to see if people are fed up with facing them or not.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
As someone who would love to play combined armies, I am all for this. I was quite disappointed when I came back to fantasy a couple of years ago wanting to play the forces of chaos, only to find it was now three separate armies... I just don't want to be playing weird combinations like in 40k. As long as it makes sense then it's all good.
40k - Orks
Assuming someone works out 'the ideal army' then before you know it everyone in the power gaming fraternity has the same force.

I would happily say up to 25% or some suitable number could be from other lists, but not a total freedom.

As I say elsewhere, cultural themeology is central for me. When I play elves, I try and think like an elf, when an Orc an Orc. No way would I ever have them pointy eared arrogant elves in my Orc army and vice versa.

The world suddenly has country A with 'the army' it's neighbour 'B' has identical army, and all their neighbours too.

This not realistic at all... Even if it is fantasy!!!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I doubt we'll be seeing Orcs with Dwarfs anytime soon. I'm guessing that it's Empire Brets Dwarfs, and Skaven Orcs and Ogres in the upcoming books (based around the fact that they are all unpredictable destructive forces, rather than the type to ally up.)

However there are so far background reasons for the combined forces lists, and for the first two ET books, they have been combined in the past. Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings have spent longer combined than apart anyway.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Vote concluded End Times Armies are playable at club.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen