Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GlosCon 2015 Volunteers
Brick 
Ok Guys and Gals I'm looking for Volunteers for either/both of the game systems SAGA and Bolt Action. Ideally what I'm hoping for is enough volunteers so that we can take breaks and you will alternate demoing a game with having time to browse the event.

Gloucester MiniCon takes place on SUNDAY 1st February 2015. It's a wonderful little event, and the Clubs support of it, has been really appreciated so far. It would be a shame to let it down next year (do you feel guilty yet?) So if you can help out (even if not for the whole day,) sign up below. Once we get numbers to run the games sorted, we will also be looking for volunteers to help prepare the games (either via terrain building or Minature loaning,) so if you can help out with that, check back on the thread regularly to see if your needed.

Let's start with Game Demonstrators, reply below if available.

SAGA Demonstrators

Bolt Action Demonstrators

Both Games Demonstrators
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I can help out with both games.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I can help out with both
40k - Orks
I have just preordered 6 points of milites christe for SAGA CC.

Tom and I will be there. Happy to do anything.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I can get my Scots together and help with demoing too
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Ok it looks like this.

Im after a number of 4 point Warbands for SAGA.

Im going to try and get a C&C force together. We can then look to assembling a second table, with crusade era terrain. Then possibly running two tables one Dark age, one Crusader.

Second or third table which is Star Wars. Possibly running one of the Epic play campaigns, over the course of the day, with players able to drop in or put. Or just use some of the epic ships. If we run down this route i'll possible need to acquire a larger painted board or game mat.

Thoughts on that?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just checked and we're OK to have a third table if we want it.

Happy to take on the assembly of one of the SAGA tables & scenery if required, don't mind which. I should be able to assemble 4pts of Milites Christi (Templars or Teutonic Knights).
I'm looking at Muttawai or whatever they are. Who doesn't love a Camel. However GW and Wtrd are stealing my money at the moment, and work is stealing my time.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
As I say my 6 points of Hospitlars Are here waiting for paint. They will be getting the later red uniforms.

There are my Anglo Danes ready to go also.

I have two long barns to paint and some walls.

For crusade board - oasis = water feature, Palm tree woods, buildings? Could have dunes but terrain that figures can't stand on really annoys me!

How about I make two Palm woods...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(25-11-2014, 01:26 AM)Agincourt Wrote: For crusade board - oasis = water feature, Palm tree woods, buildings? Could have dunes but terrain that figures can't stand on really annoys me!

I've got some FoW palm trees if they'd be useful (15mm scale but might be OK for smaller trees around an oasis) as well as plenty of aquarium plants for other oasis vegetation.

Could probably knock up some very shallow dunes in a similar style to the desert island board.