Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolt action campaign WWII.2
(06-11-2014, 09:28 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Historically as the war progressed, and units spent more time in the front line, the fighting strength of units diminished, and replacements were either hard to find, or without the experience.
So to recreate this, after your battle you need to roll a D6 per unit, that was removed or has suffered 50% or more casualties.
1 No replacements
2-3 Full replacements, but squad now drops one level of experience
4-5 Full replacements, squad stays at same level
6 full replacements, squad experience gains one level

Just an idea, but on a 2-3 would it just be the replacements that enter at a lower level of experience, as the surviving troops would have emerged from the encounter with more experience? Or does the drop in level for the whole squad perhaps reflect the loss of key/inspirational personnel, diminishing their overall effectiveness?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(26-11-2014, 09:26 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(06-11-2014, 09:28 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Historically as the war progressed, and units spent more time in the front line, the fighting strength of units diminished, and replacements were either hard to find, or without the experience.
So to recreate this, after your battle you need to roll a D6 per unit, that was removed or has suffered 50% or more casualties.
1 No replacements
2-3 Full replacements, but squad now drops one level of experience
4-5 Full replacements, squad stays at same level
6 full replacements, squad experience gains one level

Just an idea, but on a 2-3 would it just be the replacements that enter at a lower level of experience, as the surviving troops would have emerged from the encounter with more experience? Or does the drop in level for the whole squad perhaps reflect the loss of key/inspirational personnel, diminishing their overall effectiveness?

There is a question in FAQS I think about combined experience and basically it's a no no, so revert to lowest level.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(26-11-2014, 09:34 PM)Agincourt Wrote: There is a question in FAQS I think about combined experience and basically it's a no no, so revert to lowest level.

Cheers Paul, I've just twigged (hopefully correctly) that the replacements would "fill the spaces" in the existing sections rather than forming separate sections, so that makes perfect sense.
(26-11-2014, 09:49 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 09:34 PM)Agincourt Wrote: There is a question in FAQS I think about combined experience and basically it's a no no, so revert to lowest level.

Cheers Paul, I've just twigged (hopefully correctly) that the replacements would "fill the spaces" in the existing sections rather than forming separate sections, so that makes perfect sense.

Yup, e.g my 2nd squad lost 6 of 8 men. They were only infantry squad of my three jaegers to survive. I rolled 2 so I got 6 regs coming in, now my bravest 2 guys are only regs... Men broken by the savage fighting they witnessed.

Btw I was thinking, when you are already vet and get a promotion maybe you could get a free weapon upgrade?
That's not a bad idea, maybe a 100pts to spend?
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
British 6th Airborne Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment

Unit Experience Weapons Points
HQ - 1st Lieutenant & 2 Men Veteran SMGs 116
Forward Artillery Observer Regular SMG Free
Infantry Section - 1 NCO, 7 men, Bren LMG Veteran 4 SMGs and 2 Rifles 144
Infantry Section - 1 NCO, 8 men, Bren LMG Veteran 4 SMGs and 3 Rifles 158
Infantry Section - 1 NCO, 9 men, Bren LMG Veteran 5 SMGs and 3 Rifles 175
Sniper Team Regular 50
3" Medium Mortar Team Regular 50
Machine Gun Team Regular Vickers MMG 50
Recce Jeep Veteran Twin Vickers Medium Machine Guns 52
Cromwell Tank Regular 75mm anti-tank HE, Coaxial MMG, Hull Mounted MMG 205
TOTAL 1000

All ordered but not sure it'll be here in time for my game next week - some proxying may be required!
ouch !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(27-11-2014, 12:00 PM)Stuart Wrote: All ordered but not sure it'll be here in time for my game next week - some proxying may be required!

Great service from Warlord - ordered Thursday, dispatched Friday and delivered today. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of it assembled before Tuesday.

Nice. Good them Cromwells, may have to buy me an 88.
It's a nice kit that plastic Cromwell. Lots of little fiddly bits but it went together pretty well.