Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Hulk
regretted not buying 2 last time. what with the resale price on ebay etc.
For the Angelic Horde!
Pictures from White Dwarf: http://grotorderly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0...-hulk.html
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
so its exactly the same as the last release? (barring maybe one more bit of card and a mission or two?
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Outstanding money grab from GW then.

same terminator and genestealer models too? i wasn't a fan of some of the posing of them. i dont own a copy but this hasn't tempted me despite the fact that im a fan of the original.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(09-09-2014, 04:27 PM)Simian Wrote: Outstanding money grab from GW then.

I would call it genius. The limited issue from 3 years ago (or was it 4,) left many people wanting one. Give them the opportunity to eventually by it, and have an outlay of zero on tooling, and it's largely profit.

Given that the game is once again going to sell out, due to the nostalgia appeal, and copies will not be sat, taking up shelf space, unlike Dreadfleet, GW are onto a winner. I think the only other game that could do as well is Blood Bowl, but unlike Space Hulk, it would need a degree of company support. Being able to effectively print money, and then walk away and let the accountants count the income, I would be a very happy shareholder. I'm not a shareholder, and I will also not be buying Space Hulk. I doubt I'll play it enough, to warrant the cost. If I wanted to play it, for £7 I can get it on the iPad.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
5 Years since last release in 2009, the same but some extra missions, tiles and counters.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(09-09-2014, 04:42 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 04:27 PM)Simian Wrote: Outstanding money grab from GW then.

I would call it genius. The limited issue from 3 years ago (or was it 4,) left many people wanting one. Give them the opportunity to eventually by it, and have an outlay of zero on tooling, and it's largely profit.

Given that the game is once again going to sell out, due to the nostalgia appeal, and copies will not be sat, taking up shelf space, unlike Dreadfleet, GW are onto a winner. I think the only other game that could do as well is Blood Bowl, but unlike Space Hulk, it would need a degree of company support. Being able to effectively print money, and then walk away and let the accountants count the income, I would be a very happy shareholder. I'm not a shareholder, and I will also not be buying Space Hulk. I doubt I'll play it enough, to warrant the cost. If I wanted to play it, for £7 I can get it on the iPad.

i meant what i said, its outstanding. Blood bowl would easily fly off the shelves too, but cyanide would be annoyed.

Im still hoping for an inquisitor type game
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Yeah, but BB would require GW tool several teams. Given the nature of the game (buy a team, and use it for a year or two,) whilst every team would sell, the chances of them recouping investment fast, and then having it generate levels of future revenue worth the outlay, means BB is never going to work.

Edit - Also the alternative model ranges available, means it's not even worth their time.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(09-09-2014, 04:58 PM)Gareth Wrote: Yeah, but BB would require GW tool several teams. Given the nature of the game (buy a team, and use it for a year or two,) whilst every team would sell, the chances of them recouping investment fast, and then having it generate levels of future revenue worth the outlay, means BB is never going to work.

Edit - Also the alternative model ranges available, means it's not even worth their time.

Fair points.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss