Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rules and question faq
im starting this thread cause in the past weeks as more and more 40k games are been played that rules seem have been misinteruprated (i cant spell lol ^_^) so im starting this thread to hopefully help new players with rules they dont understand and give advise from the expierence i have gained since starting the hobby dont be scared to ask anything you dont understand i will do my best to asnwer all and if i cant answer it i can hopefully be able tell you where to look for them. were all beginers at one point

i will try to look on this thread every day for any posted and will either post the answers here or i will message you what you need to know

this is a good one:

how do we beet your tyranids?

lol
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
to be fair lots of ways but ive always said you learn alot from a defeat
but only one from winning
dont see it as a loss see it as this that right i cant beat them like that what can i do different etc
(23-06-2011, 11:57 PM)Tyranid daniel Wrote: to be fair lots of ways but ive always said you learn alot from a defeat
but only one from winning
dont see it as a loss see it as this that right i cant beat them like that what can i do different etc
have you ever lost to somone with your tyranids?

my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
yeah ive lost to a few different armies lost count how many time ive lost to eldar, gaurd, marines, deamons, tau dunno about the others but ive have lost and im not as unbeatable as you think
just a quick one on line of sight, can you shoot past you're own unit? Say if had some tactical marines in front of some devastators, could the devastators shoot past the tacticals?
i.e.(x=devas v=marines)
v v v v v
x x x x
Sorry if stupid question, just making sure understand rules for the tactics i'm thinking of!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(25-06-2011, 04:13 PM)manrogue Wrote: just a quick one on line of sight, can you shoot past you're own unit? Say if had some tactical marines in front of some devastators, could the devastators shoot past the tacticals?
i.e.(x=devas v=marines)
v v v v v
x x x x
Sorry if stupid question, just making sure understand rules for the tactics i'm thinking of!

yes you can see past them but if there more than two inches away from the unit that is shooting

so

xxxxx
vvvv this is fine

xxxxx

vvvvv the unit been shot at get a cover save

the unit your shooting at get a cover save i think might be more than two inches but i know that they do if the unit inbetween is in the middle the only exception to this cover save is monsterous creatures and tanks where more than 50% of the model has to be obscured and dont worry about asking stuff like that im not here to judge just to answer
thought that was the rule, cheers for clearing it up for me Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm thinking of getting some marines to go with my Imperial Guard and have a question: Can I have 2 armies in one game and, if so, do I have to have the compulsory HQ and two Troops for my Marines and then the same for my Imperial Guard, or can I just have a HQ for my Imperial Guard and 2 Troops for my Imperial Guard?

Thanks.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I believe the rule is if you are fielding seperate detatchments, IE 2 armies, each must be legal (1 HQ 2 troops plus any other compulsory units for the army, like fire warriors for Tau, or an Emperor's Champion for Black Templars).