Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Clarification, Instant Death, FnP and Eternal Warrior
Hey guys,

just wanting some clarification on this rules query:

The situation: Str10 weapon, Toughness 5 model, FnP (p165), Eternal Warrior (p163), Instant Death (p36 and p165).

So the weapon hits and a causes a unsaved wound and would normally cause instant death as per pages 36 and 165 (if strength is double toughness the shot has instant death rule, which basically means, removes all remaining wounds).

But if the model has Eternal Warrior, the instant death rules is amended to
Quote:If a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved wound from an attack that inflicts instant death, it only reduces its wounds by 1, instead of automatically reducing its wounds to 0

Pretty clear, it doesn't die until you take all its wounds away, but, now throw in FnP.

Quote: Feel No Pain saves may not be taken against Destroyer Attacks or against Unsaves Wounds that have the Instant Death special rule

It was played as because the model did not die, because it has eternal warrior, it gets FnP save, which is logical. I have to disagree with this.

To me, on a second read and now typing this out, it reads as though you're not immune to the ruling of Instant Death, just that your wounds are reduced by 1 and not to 0, the shot/wound still has the Instant Death rule and so you would not get a FnP save, as per the statement above (no FnP save may be taken against weapons with Instant Death rule).

But what do guys think?

I think you have it right, Eternal Warrior does not remove Instant death from the attack, so FnP is ignored.
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
I'd agree, you dont get FnP, but you only take one wound.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I would also agree, ID kicks in before FnP and it specifically tells you that you don't get FnP against ID attacks. The fact that you have eternal warrior only matters in that you only receive one wound, it doesn't cancel out the ID ruling.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Looks like we have a ruling! Lol i must admit on reading the rules as a combination it does make sense that the model dosent get fnp.
Cool, just wanted some clarification as wasn't 100% sure myself.

Cheers