Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryx or Circle of Orboros?
So, after much deliberation I seem to have whittled my choices down to two. Cryx and Circle of Orboros.

Was hoping you lovely folk would help give me some insight into this fascinating game and help me make a decision.

From the initial outlook Cryx seem quite straight forward. Infantry heavy, fast paced and aggressive, whereas Circle of Orboros seem more sly, and more cautious on the positioning.

After watching a few battlereports in the MiniWarGaming Vault (i'd recommend for £3.60 a month), my decision is still very much up in the air!

Aesthetically I love some models from both. The Satyxis Blood Witches and Raiders look awesome as do the Bane Thralls. The Tharn look incredible too and Kromac?! I love that model it just looks fantastic.

Any help is greatly appreciated as always!
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
To add to the OP, I am interested in the starter sets but as I have heard Cryx is infantry heavy it seems pointless to have that particular starter set.

Can't say I am too sure about the Circle of Orboros set.

Either way I am in no rush to make a decision but thought why not get the RedWarSoc involved! Tongue

Always nice to add some variation to the armies at the club I think!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
We dont currently have anyone playing cryx at the club, whereas Alan (sprog) plays circle, and with some nasty lists too. Its true cryx can be a little more infantry heavy than other factions, but it does fit their horde of undead theme, but you're not forced to play it that way and there can be some benefits in going against the 'norm' for a faction

I know I'm looking at getting some more games in at the club again, which may get the others back into doing so, so you'll at least have some opponents to play
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

There is only one faction in that list that is a real faction. The others are hippies.

Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
hahaha well I guess that very persuasive clip puts Legion into the mix once again!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
If you can wait until you have a few games under your belt, try to get two games in before deciding. One playing a Warmachine side the other with a Hordes force. The focus/fury mechanic have enough subtle differences that it might help make your mind up.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen