Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Eldar and Necron Next Codexes
Dark Eldar

New Dark Eldar releases are coming, and here is what I have been told that we will see. I definitely will be looking again more of my Dark Eldar.

Of course something like this comes along and we have to wonder how the new unit type will be released. A dataslate looks very much like the most likely, or even rules in the White Dwarf.

Please remember that these are rumors!

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

The following new Haemonculi will be unleashed upon us all:

1) "Bane" type unit. Bigger than a Grotesque but smaller than a Talos.
May be a new character.
2) New Plastic Wracks (5 per box, dual kit). Includes all weapon upgrades.
3) New Plastic Grotesques (3 per box). Includes all weapon upgrades.
4) Plastic Clampack Haemonculus.

-

I must admit if the Dark Eldar Codices start focussing on the Haemonculi Beastly goodness my bank might just break! As stated it is all rumours at the moment but IIRC (and after a brief convo with manrogue) these seem the most likely advocates for the next Codexes.

Necron

via Larry Vela on Bols
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/08/n...spers.html
New talk is doing the rounds on the Necrons coming in the months ahead, on the heels of Grey Knights.
Codexwise: the Necron codex is described as being a minimal updated codex, similar to Grey Knights, crammed into a very short release window.

Models: Unlike Grey Knights there is talk of a new combo-plastic kit for Destroyers which will include the parts for Heavy Destroyers and Necron Destroyer Lords. There is mixed chatter on whether the clear green rod will be replaced with standard plastic.

Timing: Look for these to be coming in Fall.

-

So it seems GW are really trying to push these hard-cover codices out pretty quickly in succession, but then IMO I think that isn't a bad thing given as Dark Eldar and Necrons are 1.5 editions behind.

Really hope they spend some time on it though and not just overhaul it like the things I've seen of the Grey Knight Codex

What's your opinions?

(Source: faeit212, naftka.blogspot)
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
I don't really know what to think, I mean both these armies got alot in both their last updates, maybe GWS just are feeling they have everything they need and just need new rules to bring them up to speed?
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
mhm quite possibly! I think they want to do a brief-overhaul, balance some options out and streamline it to make it more accessible
They obviously really want everything going over to hardcover!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
(25-08-2014, 09:34 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: I don't really know what to think, I mean both these armies got alot in both their last updates, maybe GWS just are feeling they have everything they need and just need new rules to bring them up to speed?

Yeah, DE got a lot in its last update. Mostly because I don't think they had anything new for about 13 years XD
(25-08-2014, 09:59 PM)Nick Wrote:
(25-08-2014, 09:34 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: I don't really know what to think, I mean both these armies got alot in both their last updates, maybe GWS just are feeling they have everything they need and just need new rules to bring them up to speed?

Yeah, DE got a lot in its last update. Mostly because I don't think they had anything new for about 13 years XD

Haha! Very true, though I always felt Dark Eldar were quite an underutilised force! Granted they were never top tier but I've seen some damn good Dark Eldar players!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
I think people just need to pray gws leaves the units in this time, been to many cuts recently...
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
I'm looking forward to both of these, anni barges getting price increase and beastpack changes interest me the most!

Wouldn't hold your hopes up on either of these, Faiet/Natfka and larry vela have terrible rumour accuracy!

Natfka on Faeit 212 - Total rumors: (402 TRUE) / (645 FALSE) / (56 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)
Larry Vela aka Big Red - Total rumors: (128 TRUE) / (266 FALSE) / (16 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE)

The only time they have got stuff right is when they rehashed stuff by the more reliable guys lol.

40K radio, Best Pone, Hastings and harry are best guys to get rumours off and this thread on dakka is worth a gander Dan-
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...48304.page

The next Two codices are more than likely Necrons and Dark eldar, with another Warhammer end of times book mixed between them.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Should also mention that Blood ages are mooted in there as well, but no one massively reliable has said anything on release order or what will be coming.

We don't seem to be getting the rumours for releases a month or two in advance anymore, it's more like a week or two lol.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Looking forward to the DE changes and releases. I'll have to start playing 40k again
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos