Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Available Tables
Just thought I'd post some logistics

The club can now field 8 6'x4' tables.

For these we have 6 summer green cloths, and 2 brown desert style mats.

If people want to build their own tables and bring them along (like Daniel, or Jon/Dave) that's ok as there are plenty of spare trestle tables to stick them on.

Last night all 6 tables I put up were used which was great. Hopefully next week we might get even more.

Ordered a couple more green battlemats today, and I'll get another sheet of MDF cut into 4 2'x4' boards tomorrow.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Might be bringing my own table for next week or the week after, depends when i can be bothered to pop to birmingham lol
As the club numbers are swelling almost weekly we're approaching the point where we'll run out of tables. Nice problem to have though Smile

We seem to have sufficient hall space, but it's the physical number of tables that the hall provides that are a problem. One thing we can do in the short-term (that we experimented with last week) was pushing a couple of tables together with 6 boards on them, giving us 3 lots of 4x4 games in a bench arrangement across 2 tables. Cosy but an ample size for many of the games that we play, and freeing up more tables in the process.

Any other suggestions are of course welcome!
When you say tables, do you mean boards or actual tables?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Tables are actual tables owned by the hall, and boards are the MDF boards purchased by us. Hopefully I was consistent.
Then have we been using all the small tables?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I think there were a couple left when we had a good turnout the week before last. Might be worth seeing what we can do with them - I'm going to pick up another MDF sheet this weekend, so that's 4 2x4 boards, which gives us 2 4x4 game tables.
If we gaffer tape some of the boards together, so they can fold together, for use with WM/H and Malifaux, might help. Supported with a small table underneath, they should be stable, as the weight pulling the boards apart, should be offset, by the tape holding them together.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Definitely worth a shot. I think there's another large table out in the entrance hall that we could drag through as well.