5 dire avengers in wave serpent scatter laser
Wraithknight
Wraithknight
Wraithknight sun cannon, scatter laser
60pts spare

Cannot choose between these but still loads that can be tweaked...

Big fan of list 6 & 7, more so 7. Mobile and kicks out a crap ton of firepower!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
The problem is it's zero fun to play with and against :p but it will win! And win big!

I'm thinking a mix of jetbikes, wave serpents, warp spiders and wraithknights could be a good balanced list... But is that what... Not sure lol

Okay so thinking:

Spiritseer
3x5 dire avengers in scatter/holofield serpents
5 wraithguard in scatter/holofield serpent
3jetbikes
7 warp spiders
Wraithknight
Wraithknight
31pts to spend

I think list 4!! Might seem like an odd choice but the use of malestrom missions as secondary might have a big impact! Eg at cally i rarely won the primary missions by a great margin (some i even lost) but because i always smashed the secondary (usually kill points) i only lost one game. I havent had a look at how balanced the scoring is yet but jetbikes could be massive purely based on their amazing movement capabilities. That being said i suppose wave serpents allow similar movement.

Once ive worked out the scoring ill post a few lists up for you to look at but i have a feeling my bikes will be making a return.
Bike lists did very well at the American BAO GT, one even won. Was basically Khan, chapter master tank, loads of bikes and a Knight Errant.

I like the jetbikes, but think they die to easy and aren't as versatile as serpents. Just my personal bias though. Tongue

Be interested to see your list as well Nick. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(16-08-2014, 08:26 AM)Embolden Wrote: The problem is it's zero fun to play with and against :p but it will win! And win big!

I'm thinking a mix of jetbikes, wave serpents, warp spiders and wraithknights could be a good balanced list... But is that what... Not sure lol

If you are not having fun then no one wins so go with the list everyone will have fun with!
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(18-08-2014, 12:42 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: I think list 4!! Might seem like an odd choice but the use of malestrom missions as secondary might have a big impact! Eg at cally i rarely won the primary missions by a great margin (some i even lost) but because i always smashed the secondary (usually kill points) i only lost one game. I havent had a look at how balanced the scoring is yet but jetbikes could be massive purely based on their amazing movement capabilities. That being said i suppose wave serpents allow similar movement.

Once ive worked out the scoring ill post a few lists up for you to look at but i have a feeling my bikes will be making a return.

I know exactly what you mean mate! It's all about the mission. Between list 4 and the list I posted just above it's about that balance, I could drop 2 holofields and use the spare pts for that second jetbike unit.. So a choice between durability on 2 serpents or a jetbike unit.. Tbh that jetbike unit sounds very tempting!! Hmm, food for thought.

(18-08-2014, 01:26 PM)manrogue Wrote: Bike lists did very well at the American BAO GT, one even won. Was basically Khan, chapter master tank, loads of bikes and a Knight Errant.

I like the jetbikes, but think they die to easy and aren't as versatile as serpents. Just my personal bias though. Tongue

Be interested to see your list as well Nick. Smile
I too am interested to see what list you come up with after the weekend mate. Gonna be interesting!

Jetbikes are super flimsy, but annoying like against your knight list mate, if we ended turn 5 I would have won! Which was crazy considering you were spanking me all around the table lol. So it's about distracting you with the other things in the list while the jetbikes hover 48" away from the objectives they want turn 5/6.

(18-08-2014, 03:53 PM)aprilmanha Wrote:
(16-08-2014, 08:26 AM)Embolden Wrote: The problem is it's zero fun to play with and against :p but it will win! And win big!

If you are not having fun then no one wins so go with the list everyone will have fun with!

Not sure my lists are fun as such, but I enjoy winning I enjoy using competitive units. But 3 wraithknights and 3 serpents is a bit much, even for me lol, 2 wraithknights and a few other units to sprinkle the variety about is no bad thing, maybe a little less competitive but brings that element of fun into the list.

Okay.. so almost back to the drawing board after getting tabled by Daves Sisters/Knight list last night, I need away to stop Imperial Knights from walking through my army… Wraithknights do well, but every single Knight I’ve faced rolls a 6 to wound or when it D explodes… every single time. So need another plan. Because at the moment, I can take out a Knight in combat with a Wraithknight, but it dies as a result, I’ve tried shooting them to no real avail (see below) Any suggestions?

Last night I fired 13 STR10 AP2 shots into single Imperial Knight and did 1 HP… well I say that did a HP, it was the fourth Serpent that chipped that solitary HP off…. not sure if this is dice or just Knights are that good…

In the end a single Imperial Knight walked through the rest of my army as St Celestine killed a Wraithknight in combat…. LOL!

So at the moment, I’m thinking:

Spiritseer – 70
5 Wraithguard – Wave Serpent – Holofields, TL Scatter Laser – 295
5 Dire Avengers – Wave Serpent – TL Scatter Laser, Holofields, Shuriken Cannon – 210
5 Dire Avengers – Wave Serpent – TL Scatter Laser – 185
3 Jetbikes – 51
5 Fire Dragons – Wave Serpent – Holofields, TL Scatter Laser – 245
6 Warp Spiders – 114
Wraithknight – 240
Wraithknight – 240
1650pts

I think the addition of fire dragons is a good call! With the massive improvement on vehicles (i know its only a slight change to the damage chart but it makes a real difference) there will be a lot of knights, land raiders and even monoliths about!! Will also help with space wolf and gk terminators whos return is imminent with the new books! That being said for me, grav is my best option! Having the odd melta here and there is far too unreliable. Fists of dice needing 6s with a re roll (on my cenrurions at least) has served me well so far.

Im just eagerly awaiting the new gk book to see if i need to pull my list apart or just play about with it a bit!