Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refining my imperial knight list
So as people have seen i have been running a imperial knight list which is-
Knight lancer (warlord) - 400 pts
2 x knight Paladins - 375pts each
Gerantius (Knight Errant special character) - 500 pts
Total - 1650 pts

I'm very happy with this core, at least until forge world release other variants. Tongue

That gives 200 pts to play around with in fortifications, which i have been using to buy a void relay network (190 pts) with 4 void shields.

I'm starting to think this is not worth the points and would be better investing in a Firestorm redoubt instead, which solve the anti air issue as well.

Thoughts/other suggestions?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Makes sense, have thought about doing the Firestorm Redoubt with my Sisters & Knight list.

As you have the point - For 150 you can get 2 Vengeance Batteries with Icarus Lascannon, but the rules about if it fires at the closest flyer or just the closest unit are a bit flaky.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Thought about two vengeance batteries but only have 1 HP each i think compared 4hp on redoubt. Would also leave me with 50pts i could do nothing with, so my thinking was may as well pay the 50 extra for the more survivable redoubt.

Thats the only thing i hate about the knight codex, not very flexible with spare points.......
Blood bowl Skaven
I thought you could only have one building/fortification in a list?
Nope, you can have certain networks now due to stronghold assault, so for example the reason i could field two void shield gens was because i took a void shield network.

Same with vengeance batteries, you can have up to two of them.

If you want to fortification crazy you take a Wall of martyr defence line where you can take the following-
Composition: Fortification Network consisting of:
• 1-3 Wall of Martyrs Imperial Bunkers.
• 1-4 Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defence Lines.
• 1-3 Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defence Emplacements.
• 0-2 Wall of Martyrs Firestorm Redoubts.
• 0-2 Wall of Martyrs Vengeance Weapons Battery.

Lol
Blood bowl Skaven
Wow, not sure I would have space for an army after that lot!
Do Forge World do anything, I know there is a Space Marine Air Defense System and various IG Anti-Air.

But I guess you may want to keep a BOUND army.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Yeah, trying to keep it as a bound army.

Unbound i think i would drop Gerantius to a normal errant and add 2 vendetta's to the list lol.

Which is why i am pretty much stuck with playing around with fortifcations.

I May go have to go two vengeance batteries as was reading stronghold assault last night and a redoubt could be occupied and used against me lol

Could just imagine someone dropping down turn one, running into the building and firing at my knights with my own fortification!

Not an issue with the vengeance though as they are impassable buildings, so no way to occupy.

Though thinking about it i could add a formation dataslate...... Hmmm.........
Blood bowl Skaven
I just have these images in my head now of your knights hefting these things with them to each battle, before putting them down and fumbling around with giant mech sized batteries trying to get them plugged in and flipping a huge on switch to deploy them Big Grin

They would have to carry them between the two of them as well, with loud shouts of "To you" and "To me" ringing out across the soon-to-be enemy grave site!
Looks good to me mate! lots of tournaments including the team event are looking at 1650pts :p