Poll: Forgeworld Models in Tournaments?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - The Models are allowed but the rules are not.
0%
0 0%
No - Both the models and the rules are not allowed.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgeworld in Tournaments?
So. From my understanding Forgeworld Unit Choices are clearly not allowed
..but what about the models?

For example:
I am looking at buying a Greater Unclean One for my Daemons/ CSM army lists but the GW Model is pretty dire compared to the forgeworld one.

Would the model be allowed as proxy for the GW one, or are Forgeworld Models and Rules ruled out?

While tournaments are a long way off I would like to experience what they have to offer, and so is my conundrum.

I understand that a lot of it is down to the Tournament Organisers etc. but I don't want to splash out on a model I won't get my moneys worth out of!

What advice would you fine folk offer?
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
Battlefield Birmingham runs 2 tournaments a year one with FW and one Without. But even the nonFW event allows models to be used just not the rules that accompany them so swapping out a GW great unclean one for the FW would not cause to much problem
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
The only real issue would be base size. Eg a much larger base may mean a shorter charge distamce etc. As long as theres not a massive difference there shouldnt be a problem
Thanks for the swift replies gents! I will have a ponder about this. I do believe there is quite a substantial base-size difference.
The Greater Unclean One from Forgeworld IIRC is a 100mm base.
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
Khronic TO's are quite flexible and ALWAYS if you're unsure, ask. If you're interested in a tournament then email the TO before hand with a couple of pics and they can say yay or nay then you have the proof to show your opponents if any have an issue. And thats a big if, I've used lots of proxy models and noone has had issue.

One thing they do ask is that substitute models are on the same base and similar size... So I would email Tim King (Caledonian, Toy Soldier and Winter Warm Up) TO and Harry Allen, Battlefield Birmingham TO, these are the biggest and best tournaments during the year the pics from forgeworld.