Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
40K: Iron Warrior Project June 2014
Some lovely stuff there Dan, the bases in particular are quite special.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Some nice looking paint jobs there pal. I've recently started an Iron Warriors army myself as well. I like the water effects on one of the bases too Smile

How did you find painting the Heldrake with all that trim? I am tempted to buy one but I might go a bit mad with the brass edging. Did it take long to do?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Thanks Agent! The Space-Turkey took quite some time. I found it easier starting with a drybrush of leadbelcher (or equivalent silver paint) and then painting the trim.
Totally worth it given how annoying heldrakes can be and I hear painting gives better saves anyway!

I managed the Heldrake and base within two days and that's only to a low/ tabletop standard with minimal highlighting. I'm happy with it at the moment as I would prefer to get everything painted to a tabletop standard and then work on things further, but I will be putting more time into it!
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
I wish I had even a 1/4 of your painting drive to spur me on, at this rate you'll have a company of painted chaos marines that look very good.

keep up the good work and keep us informed of progress!
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
Thanks Cookie!
Last night I finished another 3 Obliterators and today I might try to tackle some Chaos Cultists, or suck it up and try being extremely patient gluing plague marines and havocs together (resin models)

Having some problems with them though. Might just be because it's new to me but having trouble posing the models before gluing. Any tips would be great!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
A few more pictures to do a quick update!
(This time from the proper camera)

Over the last week I've spent my time fixing together a few more plague marines (10) and painting them to tabletop standard. Moved swiftly onto painting the second set (3) of obliterators (pic below) and trialing some painting techniques on Ork Skin and Cultists.

Ran out of glue today so will be making a supply run tomorrow!

I have had a recent delivery of some models that shall make an appearance on this thread at some point, however it may not be the true Iron Warrior path! Lot's of fun things to come, including the SAGA Vikings I picked up including a hero as I love the stories and legends!

Fun fun fun!

in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
..and on looking back at the post, maybe I need to work on resizing the images more suitably for forum posting!
Onwards and upwards!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
(14-07-2014, 10:43 PM)Khronic Wrote: ..and on looking back at the post, maybe I need to work on resizing the images more suitably for forum posting!
Onwards and upwards!

Ummm. I'd love to say they look great but not even next door's 54" plasma screen fits these images on...Big Grin !!!!

Looking good though...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
haha quite right - I have a Nikon d610 so perhaps scaling the images down further is the way to go!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
(14-07-2014, 10:43 PM)Khronic Wrote: ..and on looking back at the post, maybe I need to work on resizing the images more suitably for forum posting!
Onwards and upwards!

please do those images look great...

at least the part I can get on the screen
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth