Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club House rules
I've been thinking about this for a while and was thinking it would be a good idea to gather some of the more ambiguous/disputed rules, make a decision as a a club on them and have a house rule in effect.

This will then make an ideal point to refer back to for if those queries pop up in game.

So what i would like to do is over the next few weeks gather up them and set a poll and vote.

Before anyone votes, please make sure to read and discuss properly. please bear in mind RAW (rules as written) may not go with RAI (Rules as intended) and seeing as most games are friendly, RAI is probably where we want to be going.

Summary of House rules to go here
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Super Heavy Walkers moving through cover. At the moment they are restricted to move just a maximum of 6" (3d6 take the highest). I have seen some other house rules that make a but more sense as a SHW can normally move 12".

- Roll 3d6 and take the 2 highest dice
- Roll 3d6 and double the highest

This means a SHW could move between 2" and 12" through cover.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
It never even occurred to me this, I think the intention is for them to move 12".

Its worth noting that all other unit types that move 12" in the movement phase all ignore the slowing effect of terrain entirely (MC's, cavalry, beasts & bikes), so if they were going to FAQ it (which I certainly think they should), that is how I would expect them to do it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ok, sort of agree with you 12" move through cover seem fair, but I guess it is up to other members to agree.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
I imagine its because their pilots need to go slowly to make sure they dont trip over. Imagine how damaging it would be for a Knight to fall over face first trying to climb over a wall or something?
But they are so big, is a little but of rubble or the odd bush actual going to stop a knight.

EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
DropZone Resistance
Until it is faq'd, I would say 3d6 pick highest two for movement through ruins, but not slowed by vegetation or craters.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari