Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 29th July 2014
Would be interested in learning SAGA this week if there is someone available to teach/ play!
I have some models of the Viking variety which I can bring along though no experience or rulebook/ accessories!
The worst time to have a heart attack is
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
W40K Tyranids, Khorne Daemonkin
Warmahordes Circle Orboros
(15-07-2014, 09:59 PM)Khronic Wrote: Would be interested in learning SAGA this week if there is someone available to teach/ play!
I have some models of the Viking variety which I can bring along though no experience or rulebook/ accessories!

Happy to take you through a game Dan.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
BOLT ACTION - BIG BUST UP[/

After playing an enjoyable intro game with Simon last night, where I realised that though the rules are simple I had to check a load of stuff, conclusion was we need to do our rules-homework and then have another game... so.

Tuesday 29th - plan...

Germans = Paul + Steve + Mick
v
RoW = John B (Yanks) + Simon (Japs) + Stu (Brits)

+ Justin (sorry forgot army) + ???? (even numbers players not essential).

In a 'Bridge over the River Why?' scenario.

In an alternative history on a mythical Pacific Island the Germans and RoW have been fighting for this damned bridge - now known as 'Why?'. It is stalemate and both sides are down to their last few desparate squads. Both sides are asking for reinforcements. Look-out! Incoming! The British paras send in some squads as do the German Fallschirmjagers.

6 x 4 table, long river, one big bridge, set up on both sides some woods and couple buildings. Both sides set -up except paras.

Both sets of paras then land in completely random locations and we start pulling dice from the bag!!!

The objective is just to have 2-3 units each and have an intro bash where we all learn the basics of the rules and hopefully more interest to play some more.

NOTE - Stu has said he'll do a SAGA intro with DAn - I note GAZ is after SAGA, maybe Gaz and Dan SAGA?

Also Paul and Steve Fantasy Campaign is a red-herring. Ignore that.

Are you up for it!!!???

Meanwhile I will go through the rules again!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(16-07-2014, 11:44 AM)Agincourt Wrote: NOTE - Stu has said he'll do a SAGA intro with DAn - I note GAZ is after SAGA, maybe Gaz and Dan SAGA?

Sounds good to me if that is amenable to Dan and Gaz.

Subject to the usual curse of me trying to arrange a Bolt Action game anyway Undecided
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Quite happy if Gaz is with that, or can hold fire and try get a game of 40k in. Wouldn't mind spectating Bolt Action as that is something I was also looking to learn
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
I certainly do not mind. We can get that paint chat done at the same time.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
yeah I'm in for bolt action
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(16-07-2014, 11:44 AM)Agincourt Wrote: BOLT ACTION - BIG BUST UP[/

After playing an enjoyable intro game with Simon last night, where I realised that though the rules are simple I had to check a load of stuff, conclusion was we need to do our rules-homework and then have another game... so.

Tuesday 29th - plan...

Germans = Paul + Steve + Mick
v
RoW = John B (Yanks) + Simon (Japs) + Stu (Brits)

+ Justin (sorry forgot army) + ???? (even numbers players not essential).

In a 'Bridge over the River Why?' scenario.

In an alternative history on a mythical Pacific Island the Germans and RoW have been fighting for this damned bridge - now known as 'Why?'. It is stalemate and both sides are down to their last few desparate squads. Both sides are asking for reinforcements. Look-out! Incoming! The British paras send in some squads as do the German Fallschirmjagers.

6 x 4 table, long river, one big bridge, set up on both sides some woods and couple buildings. Both sides set -up except paras.

Both sets of paras then land in completely random locations and we start pulling dice from the bag!!!

The objective is just to have 2-3 units each and have an intro bash where we all learn the basics of the rules and hopefully more interest to play some more.

NOTE - Stu has said he'll do a SAGA intro with DAn - I note GAZ is after SAGA, maybe Gaz and Dan SAGA?

Also Paul and Steve Fantasy Campaign is a red-herring. Ignore that.

Are you up for it!!!???

Meanwhile I will go through the rules again!

Sorry just noticed post on Bolt Action.

I'm up for it.

John B.
J B
Great Granddad Ninja 75% Bionic. Number of figures painted February 2018 85 Figures painted since February lost count.
Don't tell Stuart. Angel Wink Wink Wink
Sounds great! Will try getting the SAGA models glued together for then!
I don't have the dice/ rulebooks or things as of yet though!
in a game of Charades.

Bolt Action Soviet Union
W30K Adeptus Mechanicus
Would like to get another game in with my knights, 1850 pts.

Advance warning, it is literally 4 knights, a void relay network and all that it entails.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven