Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alan's Hobby Log
Looks ace mate!
Thanks both.

Yeah I actually managed to do the Wyvern scanner screens on the first try which I was really pleased with. I just did a Caliban green base and moot green lines with a little writing in the corners. Most of the interior was just dry brushed with Vallejo model colour gunmetal. It's a much more realistic darker metal, suits tanks a lot better than infantry.

Had the day off work today, and I'm on a bit of a hobby roll! Finished painting Coteaz! Copied the GW colours for him and really pleased with how he's come out. My finecast model didn't seem to have much detail on the eagles head which is a shame. It's a bit flat looking unfortunately Sad I copied the GW gold recipe for the stormcast eternals, and made my own Retributor Gold out of a 70:30 mix of Vallejo GC Glorious Gold and Tin Bitz, then washed with Reikland Fleshshade. It probably would have been even better with the Retributor gold, and I never thought of using the flesh wash on gold either!

[Image: 2lcsgef.jpg]

Next up, 16x bloodlettersSmile
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
That's some damn fine work there Alan!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Two things:
1. Painting is awesome Alan, really very, very nice.
2. Can you arrange an evening off painting to play your Malifaux game v Charlotte, as the rest of us cannot play Round 2 until you do... Pretty please Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(29-07-2015, 09:47 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Two things:
2. Can you arrange an evening off painting to play your Malifaux game v Charlotte, as the rest of us cannot play Round 2 until you do... Pretty please Big Grin

Thanks Smile

Oh, I don't play Malifaux, so possibly a different Alan?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
(03-08-2015, 12:11 PM)Agent0range Wrote:
(29-07-2015, 09:47 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Two things:

Thanks Smile

Oh, I don't play Malifaux, so possibly a different Alan?

Aha... Will let you off in that case Tongue back to the painting!
Speaking of painting....I finished these gentlemen yesterday while I had some time off. I've managed to get two 8 man squads done in about a day and a bit. They'll be part of my Daemonkin detatchment allied with my CSM's. I used Army Painter pure red primer, painted the bases and horns, washed the whole lot with Agrax Earthshade, then essentially drybrushed the body with Jokaero orange, Mechanicus grey on the horns, and the base in my usual flavour. Really quick to do and I think looks effective enough on the table.

I followed this recipe (see about 1:48 in) for the swords using my airbrush and I'm really pleased with the outcome. The most amount of time taken was probably masking them up to prevent overspray and masking the sword itself. For basically two or three afternoons worth of work, I'm very happy with it.

[Image: 2nbdbbn.jpg]
[Image: 351enpe.jpg]
[Image: b5i789.jpg]
Very nice...
Just finished my three Chaos bikes that I've started this weekend in time for the flash league tomorrow Smile

[Image: nmb5ox.jpg]
[Image: 2up71tx.jpg]
[Image: 1432g6x.jpg]
So, after quite a hobby drought, I've managed to bash out a load of Chaos hounds that will be my flesh hounds for my KDK army. Used a similar method to my bloodletters, with Army Painter red primer saving a load of time. I've based them on 50mm bases, as per the KDK codex.

[Image: dnc3a1.jpg]
[Image: wtjacy.jpg]
[Image: 2csdt76.jpg]