Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alan's Hobby Log
And now for the scourge Smile

[Image: 2ec4505.jpg]

[Image: 2ev3vcp.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Second Heldrake done....I don't think I'll ever paint another one again! I painted most of it in time for Battlefield Birmingham (which I didn't get to go to thanks to work), and just finished some last details today.

[Image: 2cr3eko.jpg]

[Image: 142ugp4.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Just finished the first 10 models of my Space Marine army, 5 scouts and a 5 man tac marine squad.

[Image: 2m6o60k.jpg]

[Image: 10wlddy.jpg]
Wow Alan they are superb, A***** (that's an A with 5 stars) Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Just done two Aspiring Champions in MkIII armour for my Shadow War Armageddon kill team. The first guy is the basic bolt pistol and chainsword one, and the plasma pistol is hopefully the champions final form..hoping he survives a few missions and levels up to plasma pistol and power sword...although I've magnetised the wrist so can switch the plasma pistol out for basic bolt pistol.

[Image: 2na3048.jpg]

[Image: 2n1auqf.jpg]
5 more tactical marines done

[Image: 2zya806.jpg]
Test scheme for tempestus scions. I bought a box of them ages ago at Cally but haven't done anything with them since. With the 8th edition rules leak, and the cheapness of plasma I predict we'll see a lot of scions going with Astra Militarum armies in 8th. Being able to just turn up 9" away and unload a bucket of plasma in all directions seems good.

[Image: 16a8m0n.jpg]

It's a pretty simple scheme, designed to be quite quick to do. It's basically black primer, with zenithal highlight of vallejo German grey, followed by a thin wash of drakenhof nightshade. I then do the other base bits, so the metals, straps, bases etc and wash the lot with Nuln oil before then edge highlighting. The face mask and armour markings are just celestra grey.

I wanted to go for quite a spec-ops style sort of look that would be simple to reproduce across 15-20 models.
Looks good Alan!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Nice work Alan Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just finished painting a ministorum priest in between working on all the tempestus scions that you can see behind him

[Image: 5eigqc.jpg]
[Image: 2hicj2h.jpg]