Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alan's Hobby Log
Completed Cypher for a narrative Chaos vs. Dark Angels campaign Terry and I are playing. The casting on this old metal model has definitely shown its age, and was a bit rough in places to paint. Not a fan of the Cypher mold to be honest, and if it wasn't for the campaign I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Relatively happy with the outcome though.

[Image: 4ufnlu.jpg]

[Image: 1zlci0z.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
Just finished the last two of my chaos sorcerers, so my Cyclopia Cabal is now finished and fully painted, ready for Cally in January Smile I've done one of my sorcerers with a jump pack for the re-rolls on charges.

[Image: vwpljr.jpg]

[Image: bjepaa.jpg]

[Image: 10g0ft2.jpg]

....and this arrived on Friday so I better get cracking with it

[Image: 27yaaf7.jpg]
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Dropfleet yay!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Test colour scheme for my own Space Marine chapter for a new army I'm thinking about. C&C welcome....

[Image: 2wnbkua.jpg]

....not sure on the chips/weathering myself
Turquoise looks fine. I might have gone actual white on the helmet rather than grey though. Studs also could do with being a different colour, seeing as they are more bolts for holding layers of armour together, rather than a decorative item. As for chipping it tends to look, just from the photos, to look like paint has rubbed off, rather than battlefield damage. However that may be just the photo giving that image, rather than how it appears up close. It isn't however over the top, looks like a realistic amount of damage, and is something that across a force would look good. Basing appears a tad simplistic, but thats not what our asking for critique on, and is simple to rectify.

On the whole though base colour looks good, shoulder trims fit, as does everything else (bar in the my previous comments.)
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I like it Alan, weathering looks really good to me. Got a name in mind for your chapter?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thanks for the comments guys. The names I've shortlisted it down to are:

Azure Spectres
Azure Vipers
Sapphire Talons
Sapphire Raptors

....and I'm liking Azure Spectres, or Sapphire Talons at the moment.
(09-02-2017, 11:06 AM)Agent0range Wrote: Thanks for the comments guys. The names I've shortlisted it down to are:

Azure Spectres
Azure Vipers
Sapphire Talons
Sapphire Raptors

....and I'm liking Azure Spectres, or Sapphire Talons at the moment.

I think your figures look great and the wear'n'tear is well cool. I think there is a song that reflects the areas of wear... head, shoulders, knees and toes, and knuckles and elbows Tongue

Your colour is more azure than sapphire... imho. You could take best of both and go Azure Talons?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I quite like Azure Talons!

Finished my UCM starter fleet. It's been knocking around on my desk for ages....

[Image: ay7uo3.jpg]

[Image: 120pglh.jpg]

It's mostly drybrushing up from Vallejo Anthracite Grey, then celestra grey pannels and I've used the red citadel technical gemstone paints for the lights and laser.

Might have the scourge finished tonight too, so will post that later.
They're looking good Alan!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs