Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
Having been fairly uninterested in this, so far I like some of what I'm hearing. Jink saves then meaning snap shots makes sense, even though it nerfs ravenwing a bit. The horror of having unbound armies is irrelevant since you can just agree with your opponent before hand if you are going to use this rule or not - it might be fun to try but I wouldn't want to face it regularly. Troops scoring inside vehicles I like - back to 5th! Although it does make waveserpents even MORE powerful, they lose out on the jink save thingy. Quite liking what I'm hearing about the psychic powers phase, apart from loyal marines and everyones mother summoning daemons!

Interested to see how it pans out.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
The whole summoning thing is risky as non gk/daemon models peril on ANY double for these powers and even if they go off they arrive on the table as desperate allies so they could hinder you badly! Also perils could lead to the psyker being removed from play so it would be very risky to use these powers. The jink rule might effect bikes a lot although im sticking with mine for now!
And me Chris, I was very sceptical about a new rule book already... thought it was a money grab, well I still think it is... but I feel this is the rulebook we should have had for 6th...

Lots of ideas floating around, just trying to cram them into 1850pts

After reading the detachment rules I'm finding no limit to how many detachments you can have from a book or faction, so you could have several detachments all from the same faction as long as you can meet the minimum requirements for each detachment. It would have been nice to have more detachment types in the book rather than just two. Also it says supplements count as the faction for the book they supplement so no reason under those rules why you couldn't have a tau/farsight enclave allied force or an elder and one of the craftworld specific forces.

Also I'm surprised no one has mentioned the best trick with the malefic powers,gets lots of cheap psykers and take powers from there hoping for a 6, each that gets possession then gets swapped in for a greater daemon :-)
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
Daemon factory at work, 60 free models turn 1......-
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(25-05-2014, 05:58 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: After reading the detachment rules I'm finding no limit to how many detachments you can have from a book or faction, so you could have several detachments all from the same faction as long as you can meet the minimum requirements for each detachment. It would have been nice to have more detachment types in the book rather than just two. Also it says supplements count as the faction for the book they supplement so no reason under those rules why you couldn't have a tau/farsight enclave allied force or an elder and one of the craftworld specific forces.

Also I'm surprised no one has mentioned the best trick with the malefic powers,gets lots of cheap psykers and take powers from there hoping for a 6, each that gets possession then gets swapped in for a greater daemon :-)
Lol, mentioned ages ago Jim Tongue, Its being called daemon factory.
Blood bowl Skaven
As far as i can see theyre playing it properly! Thats mad!
Yep, looking through the epub, it seems that there are no proper terrain rules, just citadel terrain rules?

It basically tells you to house rule scratch built/3rd party terrain right?
(25-05-2014, 10:35 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: As far as i can see theyre playing it properly! Thats mad!
Apparently there is a debate as to whether or not pink horrors can summon as well, lol.

The Epub is in my dropbox(uploading now) for anyone that wants it.
Blood bowl Skaven
Cheers Vince

Just up to the characters... LOS is now a 3+ interesting (just says characters not IC's..)

Focussed Witch fires are awesome! (role more than the WC needed to cast and you pick the model.. which means)

No limit to reserves