Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
Jealous isn't the word...

Perils is now pretty cool, the rumours were pretty much spot on for the psychic phase but perils involves rolling on a chart which can lead to anything from instant death to gaining a 3++ save, smash, fleshbane or armourbane lol
Snap shots are still bs1
Jink is now 4+ as standard but the rumours about snap shootinh seem true
i had a flick through in GW today, i had no desire to buy it though, i've lost all urges to play 40k. it may come back at some point but i dont expect it to be soon
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Challenges have been FIXED to avoid abuse!
What about the USRs? Do they still stack? Like hit and run, fearless, night vision, stealth & shrouded and how does counter attack work?

Also can Armies ally with them selves?

Not gonna lie, the wording of the foc is pretty vague (so far) dosent look like you can ally with yourself tho! Some of the warlord traits are ace!
Spoiler alert!!!

Battle bros can get in transports! Seems like theres no limit to how many detatchements you can have tho Confused The way i read it though is that you can only use each book once with the exclusion of marines who can just use each chapter tactic once! This could get silly Confused although brother corbulo will be getting another run out in the near future! Counter attack no longer requires a leadership test, furious charge is added to the characteristic so thunder hammers etc become strenth 10, characters cant join creatures (no more ovesa star) actually makes ovesa pretty useless Confused, declare jink when targeted not after hits/wounds, no leadership test for splitfire, smash is only 1 attack, snap shots can never be precision, daemonology perils on any double exept gk for sanctic and daemons for malefic.

After my first read it seems like the majority of the changes are great and will really open up the game! The new foc is gonna make list writing VERY interesting as it seems you can use as many detatchements as you like. Theres benefits for taking the normal 1 hq and 2 troops for each detatchment but the allies 1hq anf 1 troop is not exactly a hinderance!

Not sure how this will effect competitive play as organisers could just limit players to 1 primary and 1 ally but if not itl blow the game wide open! All
I know is the imperium are gonna rock!
(24-05-2014, 11:48 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Spoiler alert!!!

Battle bros can get in transports! Seems like theres no limit to how many detatchements you can have tho Confused The way i read it though is that you can only use each book once with the exclusion of marines who can just use each chapter tactic once! This could get silly Confused although brother corbulo will be getting another run out in the near future! Counter attack no longer requires a leadership test, furious charge is added to the characteristic so thunder hammers etc become strenth 10, characters cant join creatures (no more ovesa star) actually makes ovesa pretty useless Confused, declare jink when targeted not after hits/wounds, no leadership test for splitfire, smash is only 1 attack, snap shots can never be precision, daemonology perils on any double exept gk for sanctic and daemons for malefic.

After my first read it seems like the majority of the changes are great and will really open up the game! The new foc is gonna make list writing VERY interesting as it seems you can use as many detatchements as you like. Theres benefits for taking the normal 1 hq and 2 troops for each detatchment but the allies 1hq anf 1 troop is not exactly a hinderance!

Not sure how this will effect competitive play as organisers could just limit players to 1 primary and 1 ally but if not itl blow the game wide open! All
I know is the imperium are gonna rock!

Cheers mate, hmmm, I think the TOs will limit to 1 detachment of primary and allies and just ignore unbound altogether oh and limit WC to anywhere between 10-15 I think.

Taking the idea of spamming powers I've made a list thats basically:
Coteaz, Grand Master lvl2, 6x2 Acolytes with psyker, all in Razorbacks (70pts each for 2 WC), 3x1 Paladins, 3x5 Interceptor Squads and 3x Dreadknights = roughly 1600pts then ally in Psykers to match the pts (i'd go Guard with vet squad and 3 Primaris for about 200pts or Inquisition with LOADS more Psykers) LMAO the entire army just spams Daemonic Psychic powers, can either make a new army or just spam Vortex... for 31+d6 WC - good luck casting anything against this and it can never been stopped because you just throw fist fulls of dice to make the power work. I would just conjure squads of Plagues or Tzeench units for more WC LMAO! Heralds and Bloodthirsters/Lords of change could be nice to break it up a bit.

Which is why a limit needs to be put on WC.

Interesting that Transports become scoring if taken for troops and if is not changed, fast for scouring and heavy for big guns.