Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k 7th Edition is up for pre order 17th, releases 24th May
Love the powers! Tigurus could be huge! Look for 4++ and +1 invun giving my centurion squad 3++? also the +1 would be amazing for terminators, especially if they have stormshields! Endurance has got much better aswell with fnp 4+ and eternal warrior? Arrrrghhh im so exited lol
(22-05-2014, 02:34 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Love the powers! Tigurus could be huge! Look for 4++ and +1 invun giving my centurion squad 3++? also the +1 would be amazing for terminators, especially if they have stormshields! Endurance has got much better aswell with fnp 4+ and eternal warrior? Arrrrghhh im so exited lol
Key thing to remember Nick is that Powers are going to be harder to cast, so probably won't be casting 3 guaranteed like now, more likely 1-2 (depending on the number Psykers in your list) . Though you are right Tig looks to be a beast.

Plus side for me and my Tau is i get D6 warp for deny the witch purposes and will probably throw all of them at the power i want to deny the most Ie Robs Fortune, your 4++. Would like to know what my talisman does now......

Was 4 D6 for deny the witch, straight up 4 D6 to my pool now with an additional D6 generated?

Am quite excited myself, liking the changes a lot.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(22-05-2014, 01:34 PM)manrogue Wrote: Is fortune 2 warp cost Rob?

Could be a pain for your beaststar, need to throw 4-5 dice at it and only one attempt at casting it. Going to be interesting to see the Meta change i think as a lot of the psychic reliant deathstars seem to have taken a hit.

Fortune always been wc2 Wink, but not if I go down the route of spirit stones that make all powers wc1... Not bad for 15pts, Eldrad gets a wc back on a 5+... So lots of options... My new list depends on missions and allies matrix.. I'm a bit bored of beastpack and want some shooting in my life. Psychic looks extremely powerful yet very unreliable to me, so might go down the mech route while everyone wastes points on trying to make powerful buffing psykers reliable and I will just throw all my deny roles at that one uber power... And rely on the solid reliability of twin linking scatter lasers lol

If transports for troops are in fact scoring, your wave serpent arr amazing! Also acolytes in razorbacks :p your both right tho saying not to get carried away with powers! I think multiple cheap psykers might the the way to go! Tiggy 165pts coteaz and rune priests 100pts inquisitors 55pts. Dont think mephiston will make the cut although with endurance and iron arm? Hmmmmm :p the missions are gonna play a massive part too! Whp knows what we need to take until we know what we need to achieve right?
(22-05-2014, 03:43 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Who knows what we need to take until we know what we need to achieve right?

Boom! Nailed it!

There are two types of missions now, Tactical objective ones and standard ones similar to those now.

So plenty of choice, which is nice.

You did see the bit on Jink right Rob?

If you Jink, snapshots next turn. Slight nerf to Wave serpents.
Blood bowl Skaven
And i told you what i'm taking, Reaver titan and an enginseer to fix him. Stuff playing the missions. Tongue

Jokes aside, Think Rob has it right when he said the return of MSU, just gutted i can't put riptides with riptides with buffmanders and mates anymore, though the combo was broken. lol

Think i will switch to heavy gunline, might even crack out the SMS Ionheads. Though SMS Skyrays might be nice to get my markerlights.

With Imperial knight support. Tongue

List playing at the moment......
Blood bowl Skaven
Missed this earlier, but this is a big game changer-
Quote:Biggest change in 7th.....
Posted by MarkyMark
It took a while for this to sink in, even then I had to re read it quite a few times.

After all the internet pre release moaning about unbound armies, which lets face it it will be discussed first and if you dont want to play unbound you dont. But this one has really gone under the rader.

Basically, FOC is under detachments, but you can have as many detachments in your Primary detachment as you want. FOC is still there in that 2 hq's 6 troops 3 FA Elite HS etc but as long as you meet the minimum requirement for FOC you can have mutliples.

Lets have a example

Primary detachment Choas Space Marines

Detachment 1

Sorcerer, 65pts Warlord

10 Cultists 50pts
10 Cultists 50pts

Heldrake 170pts
Heldrake 170pts
Heldrake 170pts

Detachment 2

Sorcerer, 65pts

10 Cultists 50pts
10 Cultists 50pts

Heldrake 170pts
Heldrake 170pts
Heldrake 170pts

Detachment 3

Sorcerer, 65pts

10 Cultists 50pts
10 Cultists 50pts

Heldrake 170pts
Heldrake 170pts

Total, 1840

So under your primary you have 3 detachments, but you are using 3 FOC's, which is in the rules for Battle forged armies, who will care about unbound or not. This is 3 sorcerers, 6 units of cultists and 8 heldrakes..... Yes vector strike has been nerfed but this is mainly for a example of what spam 7th ed can bring, this is the total opposite spectrum of balance.

Extending that further, you can have as many allies as you want, So you can have a guard blob with Dante, Celestine, Tiggy, Dragio and their min troops requirements and still have a few hundred pts to spend, hero hammer!.

I have spoken to someone else with the book and they agree they read it the same way I do as I was frankly in disblief at it. I have spoken to two TO's and by the sounds they will restrict their GT's to one FOC in primary and only one Ally.
Blood bowl Skaven
Anyone got there hands on the rules?

Got it today guys! Gonna have a reading session tonight to try n get my head around it!! Ill post up any interesting things i find Smile