Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter Games & Gears Ichiban Studios Pro Line Brush
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554...7?ref=dash

From page-

The next generation hobby brush. Innovative, great price and awesome delivery

"Next Generation of Hobby Brushes"

Games & Gears Ichiban Studios Pro Studio Line Brush series have been tested, accredited and we have the seals of approval on our brush line from:

Master Painter: Aaron Lovejoy: 9 golden demons and one crystal brush. His work has featured in too many places to list or weight here is one of the greats! (he paints for George R. R. Martin!! so cool!)

Master Painter: Hugo Matte: features in many media outlet including Games workshop magazine, ForgeWorld website, coolminiornot Annuals and top last 7 days. Also Ichiban Studio's work have been rewarded with 7 Golden Demons and even the prestigious Slayer Sword.

Master Painter: Lester Bursley: from Awesome Paint Job YouTube tutorial master mind, Golden Demon and crystal brush winner

The Wargamers Consortium: (Too many master painters to list)

The Wargamers Consortium is a group of like minded gamer who come together to promote this hobby through various mediums on the internet. The main goal of the WGC is to inspire people in the hobby and continue on in making gaming a fun and pleasure pass time for everyone. Working with various companies, the WGC strive to spread the work on games and products that would benifit thier community base of hobbyiest and gamers.

[Image: 38cf0b84257399331c9f0076d56dafb4_large.jpg?1397519116]
[Image: 7cee3686beb6ed2f7547ac627e24f2d2_large.jpg?1397518544]
[Image: f1f5dabc10a0b8052fd068d68e7a7b81_large.jpg?1397519173]
[Image: d16b0fc3f883fa421dcac4f8e0f7ee28_large.jpg?1398376891]
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
£28 for 4 paint brushes with pen lids on.....

Im out.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(25-04-2014, 02:21 PM)Simian Wrote: £28 for 4 paint brushes with pen lids on.....

Im out.

Is it the price or lids Ben? You can get a W&N set of 0, 1, 2 & 3 for about £35. If they hold up and are of a similar quality, I think I would rather the 00, than a 3 which is normally an expensive wash brush.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
the price. i get brushes from
http://www.rosemaryandco.com/watercolour...ky-pointed
pure sable, £3-4 each brush, they hold up brilliantly (assuming you actually wash your brushes properly) so £7 per brush seems very excessive
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
I have Rosemary and Co brushes too. To be honest I much prefer the point on the Winsor and Newton. However I find the Rosemary ones are flatter, rather than as rounded about the belly. As such I use them for base coating, and the W&N for highlighting.

Despite my comments I wouldn't be getting a set (I have enough brushes anyway,) but would instead look to Element Games Kolinsky brushes when the time comes, because they are getting good reviews at the moment.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen