Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer World revamp?
Just caught this post from BoW on potential plans for a Warhammer World revamp:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/painting-and-...mer-world/
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Warhammer World re-opens this weekend (ticketed event, now sold out).

http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com...d-opening/
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
7.50 to go round the old "hall of miniatures"

good one GW
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Lol I went a couple of weeks back and its not really changed.. from what was open, just the store has been moved into the main hall and it looks like the hall has been extended.

As for the hall visit, it was awesome when I went round at the age of 12-13... with a huuuuuugggggeeeee battle between Marines/IG and Orks (Bad toof river IIRC). Not sure its worth paying to go round haha.

It's paying to go round on the first weekend. With exclusive products on sale such as the HH BL book which will sell on eBay you get to beat the market on that. Plus I'm expecting HH FW 5 goes on sale so people who want that adapt will be pleased to only have to have spent £7.50 rather than whatever Warhammer Fest costs them.

As from Monday you can do and buy most of what the people, there opening weekend will be doing for free. However I doubt that there will be as many studio staff or participation games (if there are any going back on,) after Sunday.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
nope, its actually free (after you buy your ticket) this weekend, and after that it'll cost you 7.50 to go round, 5 for a child, this is only the exhibition centre im on about
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Fair enough. To be honest if it has a number of the old displays going, I don't think that's such a bad deal. Sure if it's just the painted miniatures then it's a total rip, but it's been years since they displayed the Ultramarine Chapter, Assault on the Fang etc. There are plenty of the old Games Day centre pieces that would be well worth a view, and if it is that sort of thing, it's possibly worth the fee.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
However it's also looks like an ill timed reopening. As from Mondaythey are once again performing road works, so once again there is no through road by Lenton Lane. Seems one end of that road is always closed. Then again I have always found Nottingham crud for driving, as it seems to have more road closures than Evesham Road.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Having seen some of the photos from the exhibition hall, £7.50 doesn't actually seem that bad at all. I might have to make a trip up in a few weeks.

Also the Fantasy miniatures are on square and round bases. Staff apparently have been asked on multiple occasions why, and are giving no answer.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen