Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into fantasy
Wanting to get back into Fantasy, and wanting to use something other than High Elves I seem to have been drawn to the badlands and the Orcs and goblins. More specifically the goblins at the moment.

I started off my army with the Arachnarok spider, just cos I love the model really, which I am busy painting. I've managed to get hold of the old battle for skull pass box on ebay so along with some old 4th(?) edition goblins and some fanatics I bought I have a fairly good size force:

Night Goblin Warboss - crown of command? 90
Night Goblin Shaman - level 2, dispel scroll 110
Night Goblin Big Boss - BSB 55
37 Night goblins with shields and spears - fanatic, full command 166
20 Night goblin archers - full command, fanatic 115
20 Night goblin archers - full command, fanatic 115
5 spider riders 65
5 spider riders 65
Troll 35
Arachnarok Spider 290

All this comes to 1106 pts I think so I'd like to increase that to 1500pts to start with, would love some opinions on what would be good. I'm thinking of a goblin doom diver and some squig hoppers and/ or some goblin chariots for impact hits or spear chuckas. I might even have the tribe taken over by an Orc Warboss at some point with a mob of boyz and possibly boar boyz.

Anybody know if any of this stuff is any good? I'm want a fun themed list that isn't going to be too crap and has a chance at winning some games.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
If your happy running no "kit" on the BSB, take the standard of discipline in him. Goblins by themselves are difficult to play, with low LD and the inability to fight. A decent sized unit of trolls, Mangler Squigs and Warmachines a plenty, would help you towards a non-Orc force, that could do something.

Feel free to have a chat if you want Chris.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
OK thanks Gareth. Would like to get a few squigs in there!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari