Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6mm British Armoured Squadron
After much deliberation (and I mean much)

I've just ordered a 6mm (1:300) British Armoured Squadron from Heroics and Ros, so I can field an army against Patricks Germans.

I think its fairly well recognised that the GHQ figures are better castings, but they are much more expensive, and for gaming purposes the H&R stuff is more resilient.

This is a 1944 post D-Day army. The next step would be to get a Parachute company to try and replicate some of the airlandings that occurred on the 5th of June.

Might have to dig SPR out and watch it (again) tonight...
What rules do you use? Im using 15mm rapid fire rules and orders of battle at the moment, just because I like the detail of the army lists! I have painted up, the Irish Guards armoured battle group from Market garden, and still to paint, the Welsh guards
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
ATM I'm building 15mm British and German FoW, so I decided to use the FoW army lists for 6mm and will have a go at using the same rules. I've not played Rapid Fire with any scale but would be keen to give it a go.

We have a chap with lots of ww2 6mm Germans, he has no internet but is contactable. He doesn't know the rules but is a quick learner and is eager to play. Let me know if you want a game and I'll give him a call to set something up.

I'll probably build a 6mm German army as it's good to have both sides, I can aim for some units from the 2nd SS Panzer Corps if you fancy doing some Market Garden.
Love to play , just gor problems with transport at the moment, also I work shifts , so limited a little. I have got some germans, and just ordered 101st airborne division. all my formations are Market garden!! I do have the XXX corps FoW sourse book , but no 15mm figs!
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
Malifaux - Gremlins
I'm planning to have the 15mm stuff ready by August. Seems like an age away, but there is stacks to paint. My 6mm armies will start arriving from today. Just out of interest, which supplier have you been using for your micro armour ? Do you have any 6mm terrain ? If not I'll start buying some in.

I'm buying late war armies at the moment ('44 onwards) so we should be able to sort something out with the army lists.

Patricks Germans are the Großdeutschland PG Divison. So mid-late war.

Transport shouldn't be a problem if you can fit a Tuesday evening in around your shifts.
I started buying from the original Heroics and Ros, way back in the 80's, then Navwar when they bought them out, and now with heroics and Ros again, now they have been sold on. i have got some buildings, and roads, just need to get round to painting them!!
Malifaux - Gremlins
(22-06-2011, 07:02 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I started buying from the original Heroics and Ros, way back in the 80's, then Navwar when they bought them out, and now with heroics and Ros again, now they have been sold on. i have got some buildings, and roads, just need to get round to painting them!!

Ive got a fair few buildings and some dirt track, all bought from timescale models, great range, very good website and helpful staff
Malifaux - Gremlins
It was very nice last night meeting you all and love watching hordes of tanks
Malifaux - Gremlins
Hopefully, there should be more detail on the painting come the next session.

In fact Dave can't make it this Tuesday (12th), so if you can fit it around your shift patterns we could get a 6mm game in using the Rapid Fire rules if you fancy.
No, sorry can't make this Tuesday, on 2-10 shift
Malifaux - Gremlins