Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firing more than one weapon in overwatch
(28-02-2014, 11:23 AM)Embolden Wrote:
(28-02-2014, 10:07 AM)manrogue Wrote: Fully admit this poorly worded (off GW? never! Tongue) but a key point is this-
Page 51 brb " unless otherwise stated, if a model has more than 1 shooting weapon, he must choose which one to shoot- he can not shoot both in the same SHOOTING PHASE"

Unless you are following the shooting phase restrictions, you are not actually restricted to shooting one weapon for everyone. Which means a standard tactical squad of 10 marines can fire 30 bolter shots (20 off rapid fire bolters and 10 off bolt pistols and sarg can also throw a Krak just for laughs).

Just to play the big wooden spoon mixing things up... In the overwatch rules it states like a normal shooting attack, albeit in the assault phase, the multi-tracker specifically states can shooting an additional weapon in each shooting phase.

Overwatch is not done the shooting phase, its done in the assault phase, so Overwatch is like a shooting attack, ie you follow the rules for shooting your unit, the multi tracker rules don't specially state a "model when shooting" it states "when firing in each Shooting Phase"... Tongue

Not a clear cut, I'm happy to play it either way Big Grin
Lol, just to be clear i'm not disagreeing, it is very poorly worded. I'm just saying if we don't use the shooting phase rules in overwatch we are not restricted to the above 1 weapon per model rules as outlined in the shooting phase section (and only in the shooting phase section).

So if we are saying it is in the assualt phase, not Shooting, it means every single model in the game that can fire overwatch can fire every gun it has. RAW. Lol.

The way we was playing it that only one weapon can shoot should have applied to MC's as well as the wording is pretty much identical, which i noticed while looking into a little more.

Not nit picking or anything just clarifying what i mean.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I would say you can use the multitracker to fire two weapons in overwatch - the battlesuit is clearly shooting at something, so its resolved like a normal shooting attack. That's how i'd read it, dunno if that's raw or not but imo its the rules as intended.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari