Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RHQ is shutting down...
So rankings HQ is finishing on the 28th of Feb... wonder what will replace it...

Quote:Rankings HQ is shutting down!

It is with some regret that I am announcing the Rankings HQ miniature gaming rankings web site is shutting down.

As you know I made a public announcement recently that unless adequate funds could be raised I would be winding it up and despite some willing supporters out there at the end of the day not enough users were willing to part with $10 to keep the site going.

Thanks to those that supported!

Thanks!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you that decided to support RHQ with a donation. I appreciate it.

As promised in my previous email all money will be refunded since I am shutting the site down.

I wish everyone the best in their gaming pursuits as I look forward to taking a break from running rankings, tournaments and masters events after 15 years! It has been a rewarding experience as well as a hard slog. Smile

Regards,

Andrew Galea

Well that sucks!
Fantasy is sorting itself out. I expect Malifaux will have something planned (they did last time,) and I'm sure someone on the 40k side will be doing the same. On a system by system, region by region basis, it would be easy to do. However with the many countries and multiple systems, it's not something I envied Guns over.

However if funding / payment was the issue, simple solution would be to charge per tournament. Perhaps £15-20 for an event, with a discount if it's using his Tournament Overlord programme, which firstly requires a licence, secondly sorts most of the input out for him. You would then start to see greater variety of ranked / non-ranked events, and payment would be passed on by entry fees (and therefore the paid by the people who get the benefit from his work.)
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen