Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to get back into 40k
Wink 
Hey everyone my name is will, I used to play warhammer40k at middle school but it wasn't very serious lots of people just messing around and nobody to play a game with.
I would like to get back into the hobby currently have a small army of guard lying around somewhere in the pit that is my bedroom.
I know the basics of the game but not the finer details so could do with some practice and help if possible
Any feedback and info will be appreciated
Found this club from Luke at school
Ta
Will Morgan [/font]
Hi Will, good to have you along. I'm Luke's dad Smile

We've got a good pool of 40K players, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone to take you through the finer points. Feel free to pop along one Tuesday for a chat and see what goes on.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Welcome, there are some great players here always willing to give help and advice and you will have some great games guaranteed.
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
Hi Will, welcome! Hope you manage to dust of the old troopers and get them combat ready! I'd start with getting the 6th edition rulebook - you can probably pick the small paperback version up on ebay pretty cheap, then you'll need to get the guard codex and see how many points you can field. Games at the club are usually around 1500- 2000pts but we have also played small 500pts games which are probably good to learn the rules and you could fit a few in in a single evening. Just post in the weekly meetings thread when you are ready to look for a game.

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Wait till next month to get the guard codex, as a new one is on the way! Smile

Anyway, welcome to the club and i look forward to stomping you with my big Tau mech Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(26-02-2014, 02:36 PM)manrogue Wrote: Wait till next month to get the guard codex, as a new one is on the way! Smile

Anyway, welcome to the club and i look forward to stomping you with my big Tau mech Tongue

what he means by this he'll teach you how to play against tournament players as there's quite a few guys here who regularly attend the local tournaments and do very well for themselves.

and they like using vince's army for practise as he always pushes the rules to its limits. but he's still fun to play against
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth