Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WFB: Dwarfs New Book
Question 
So I have in my hands the brand new Dwarfs rulebook.

If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask away and I'll let you know what I can. To sum the new book up; not much has changed.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
I have the iPad version, as you say, little has changed.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
What has bugged me the most is the change to the Anvil of Doom now being 3 Bound Spells, only one of which is actually that useful, and the Rune of Balance only working on a +4. That's potentially 50pts wasted every turn now.

Also the changes to the Runelord/Runesmith seem... Weird. They no longer generate dispel dice, they only really have 2 anti-magic Runes, but they do grant a unit they're part of the Armour Piercing rule. So their role has changed slightly and it feels like they're meant to be frontline heroes now.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
simon i sure wel hav a chat about this at some point
what do rune/simths/lords do now
the anvil will never be taken ever if its just bound it can be countered and they will hav 4+ in dispell attempts over u i guess u could chuck all dice cause irrestable doesnt harm it?
gyro copters/bombers good im guessing (cause theres new models for them lol gw logic)
any changes in points of ironbreackers/hammers/basic warriors
slayers any better???
runes???
Anvil was always a Bound Alan, and it was essential in the non-boring Dwarf army. If it's now useless, then Dwarfs have become even worse to play against than before.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
It wasn't a Bound spell previously, it was just a roll to see if it worked.

I'll show you soon Alan and you can take a look through it and see what you think.