Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Jomsviking "Jomsborg" ability
Steve, John - I've just seen clarification that the Jomsborg ability of the Jomsvikings (where they can annoyingly move two of your units) must be played as reaction during your orders phase. That scuppers my cunning strategy a bit, so that'll probably come as a relief to you! Wink
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I also found confirmation here that the Jomsburg ability can target the enemy Warlord.
damn, so now if I activate them after, to push them back into line, I now get fatigue for second activation !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Justin, I found that forum post that clarifies the behaviour of Jomsborg with respect to subsequent activations. I wasn't sure I'd remembered it correctly last night so erred on the side of caution, but in summary a Jomsborg activation qualifies as the first movement for that unit in the turn that follows.

http://studiotomahawk.freeforums.org/jom...tml#p28499

Quote:Jomsborg is the first activation (for movement) of the turn for the unit involved.

This means the unit may not activate to rest afterwards as it has already done something (activated for movement or shooting) previously this turn.

This also means if the unit is then activated for movement of shooting later in the turn, then a fatigue will be earned as normal for a second (and subsequent) activation.
Karl - just bumping this thread so you can find it easily. Let me know if you find out anything about the fatigue implications of this ability.