Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wargames Factory - Hammer Of the Gods.
Stuart kindly brought me back a box each of Wargames Factories, Saxon Fyrd and Saxon Thegns (under the banner Hammer of the Gods.) I have had a quick look at the sprues, and I have to say I am impressed. Each box contains, 8 Torso sprues, which gives you 4 Bodies, and 12 Left and 12 Right arms. You also have four of a second sprue (this one is duplicated across both box types,) with 12 heads and various weapons and shields. This even includes two pairs of double hands, for larger weapons, and items to create a standard and musician. Quality of the plastics, is certainly in the higher than most, with regards to detail, and they are made from hard plastic (polystyrene cement friendly.) There also doesn't appear to be much in the way of mold line cleanup.

To find some negatives, your looking as quite a bit of repetition in pose. Each body frame has four poses, and these have torso and leg in one piece. It would have been nicer to have separate bodies and legs, for some variation. The weapon sprue does appear thin in number of options (12 weapons, 2 bows and three sheathed swords,) and with only 8 shields, you will mostly be using everyone you get in the box. They are also supplied without bases, but historical games that these are aimed at, tend to have no set basing size, to stick to. 2p coins are quite popular, and have the advantage of costing 2p each.

I was after some cheap plastics to assemble an Anglo-Saxon warband, and at approximately 50p a figure these are certainly great value for money. If anyone else is looking for cheap figures for Saga, I would certainly suggest trying these guys (the do Viking plastics too,) and one would assume their other period miniatures are of a similar quality.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen