Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all.
Thought I would say hello to you all. I live not too far from redditch and have recently discovered an intrest in wargaming after more years than I care to remember modeling 1/35th armour. Mainly this has come about after being roped into helping my son paint Warhammer 40k figures and tanks, which lead to me "having a go" at the game. However I have found my intrest has become more about the idea of actual rather than imagined armies so thought I would drop in and find out what I can. Be prepared for LOTS of questions!
Welcome buddy! Theres more games going on at the club than i care to count so im sure youll find something that takes your fancy!
Welcome Simon,
more the merrier here, we're a welcoming lot so all questions will be answered (if we know). a wide variety of games get played weekly so im sure there will be something to peak your interest!
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Hi Simon, and welcome! Lots going on as Nick says, spanning dark ages through to WWII as well as fantasy/sci-fi. Feel free to bombard with questions and look forward to meeting you.

Stu.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Welcome Simon, we have lots of miniature wargames being played so i am sure you will find something to perk your interests.

Are you Sci-fi, fantasy or historical kind of guy out of interest?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Thanks one and all for the warm welcome. By the way no one can pester like me so you have been warnedSmile Manrouge, My tastes tend to cover quite a range of areas, so here goes:

As a sci-fi/fantasy fan then Warhammer - both the games, and the lord of the rings games (as an aside I quite enjoy painting the models, though not to a particually good standard) I find interesting.

From my military modeling I'm finding that I am becomming more and more intrested in the ECW and Nepolonic eras.

So there's plenty to keep me occupied!
Cool, well we have both Warhammer games being played, plus a lot of historical stuff. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
goimg to keep me happy then! If its ok with people I'll try and get down as soon as commitments allow.
Hi Simon, welcome to the club, hope to see you at the club sometime soon Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hi Simon, we hope to be running an occasional series of games based on the Sharpe novels. Sort of an informal story based campaign.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers