Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space marine guidance
yes but dan i have beaten lots of armies with a land raider blowing up enemy tanks its just what happens as they are good at taking in enemy fire and shielding troops with their 14 14 14 14 armour and they are really good for me. i have won loads of battles with a land raider as they can get loads of kill points from enemy tanks.
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
Try adding some drop pods, they make every thing better.
I'm waiting to see what you try next Vince, the last game we played was great, coulda swung either way until the last turn.....and then i butchered pretty much everything you had left on the board, but it was kinda funny that 2 out of 3 of my key units did nothing the entire game, and the other one just killed a few terminators and your captain, although after i what he did to my jetbikes i wasn't going to let that ******* get away!! Orbital bombardments make me a sad panda.
Was thinking of drop pods but prefer to shoot shizzle up and not assualt.
Ran a three dreadnought last week that worked pretty good for me, and a tank based list the week before that worked just as well. New found love for vindicators. And i never took a landraider(or three(gasp!))
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
landriders for me are pointless ive never like them they try to be a jack of all trades for way too many points
dreadnoughts are ace in numbers as are termi's
Lol, think landraiders have there place but think i had been over using them. Will still take one in big games, or two against certain opponents, but you do have variety with them with the different kinds(redeemers great against marine armies with there ap 3 flamers) etc
Dreadnoughts are good but are alot easier to destroy. Another plus side i have found with landraiders is they are great troop protection. bang a tactical squad in a landraider and camp an objective and it is a pain to get it off.
Blood bowl Skaven
I love land raider redeemers. (they have flamestorm cannons) There even better on fortifications I killed 30 orks and only 3 of my space marines died thanks to that beast.
Yeah I hope if Dark Angels get a new codex we get access to Redeemers. used a landraider for the first time against steve's tyranids on Tuesday and it was awesome, but then there wasn't much in his list that could hurt it. If I played someone like Nick with a load of dark lances it probably wouldn't do so well...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(23-02-2012, 05:40 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Yeah I hope if Dark Angels get a new codex we get access to Redeemers. used a landraider for the first time against steve's tyranids on Tuesday and it was awesome, but then there wasn't much in his list that could hurt it. If I played someone like Nick with a load of dark lances it probably wouldn't do so well...
Nick always seems to roll poorly on vehicle penetration, remember one game where it took 26 lance shots to destroy a dreadnought!

Blood bowl Skaven
For some reason, my Heavy 3 Str 5 disintergrator cannons seem to do better at tank hunting. Matt's Hammerhead Gunship took a volley of those to the rear armour, because i got fed up on lance shots doing nothing.