Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gareths 2014 Thread.
I'll be uploading photos I took of the BB5 army.

First up is the Dragon Prince Bus with Characters.

[Image: IMG_0396_zps24ce3096.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0411_zps36e23b3d.jpg]

Here are the command models.

[Image: IMG_0410_zpse32e540d.jpg]

The Prince (left) and Noble BSB (right). Noble has the Star Lance, which is why I never used the normal Standard arm. I'm going to freehand banners for the army, but late at night I painted the three in the army up, and trimmed this WAYYYY to short. It will get replaced at some point, so not to worry at the moment.

[Image: IMG_0400_zps77274db0.jpg]

Next are the two Mages. Level 2 (left) carried the scroll, Level 4 (right) had a Book of Hoeth. A slight conversion, meant loosing the reigns off the model, to have him wielding the Book.

[Image: IMG_0404_zps2ad04c10.jpg]

20 Archers who got added to the list late. I needed another Banner, and painted much earlier than the two on the BSB and DP unit, it got more detail.

[Image: IMG_0415_zps31956726.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0413_zps56aceb0e.jpg]

Rounding out the core were four units of 5 Reavers. Each unit had only a musician as a command model, and the Reavers out of Island of Blood, come without one. I bought a pack of accessories on eBay, which contained a Harp. Using Instamold for the first time, I cast 4 up, and attached one per unit.

[Image: IMG_0427_zps3257e80c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0428_zps94d39823.jpg]

The Harp on one of the Reavers.

[Image: IMG_0429_zps495cced2.jpg]
Completed early on in the year (baring in mind all of this was started on January 1st or later,) were three Bolt Throwers. The crew are so much more tidier than the rest of the army, as there is less detail, and with what appeared to be plenty of time, I spent more on them.

[Image: IMG_0422_zps032f3c91.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0425_zps9f700c95.jpg]

Rounding out the list is one Frostheart Phoenix. This was the first thing I started due to the size, but the last to be completed. I actually have a further level of highlight on the top of the left wing, so at some point I need to go back and finish it off. However its always tempting to just leave it, seeing as its more than adequate. I also fancy adding the odd Purple feather, to add some spot colour to it, but again its something I do not need to do.

[Image: IMG_0418_zpsd06ca18c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0420_zps8b406839.jpg]
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
This morning I built this foot BSB up. Possibly wanting a Great Weapon on him, I needed to fix the Standard into the left hand. So that was the task for a few hours.

[Image: IMG_0431_zpse18685c5.jpg]

The silver section is some rope that was made from twisting thin wire together, then gluing it into place. It worked out well, and I'll certainly use the technique again.

[Image: IMG_0432_zps8f4ee2c4.jpg]
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
There is some really nice work in there Gaz, you'll have to talk me through how you did the horses. Your BT wood looks awesome too.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Lovely stuff. I was wondering as to the abstract background in the close ups until it was revealed in the latter photos - nice effect that Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(01-03-2014, 04:30 PM)Stuart Wrote: Lovely stuff. I was wondering as to the abstract background in the close ups until it was revealed in the latter photos - nice effect that Smile

Sofa was clear, kitchen table wasn't. That simple.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
A happy accident that definitely works for those close ups. Would be great for something with a chaos flavour.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(01-03-2014, 06:44 PM)Stuart Wrote: A happy accident that definitely works for those close ups. Would be great for something with a chaos flavour.

I'll bring my army round later gaz? :p which reminds me, I do actually need to take some pics soon too..

Lovely looking stuff though gareth, I love that flying thing whatever it is Big Grin
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Okay not really an update, but seeing as I am aiming (and failing,) to paint more than I buy, I'll maintain a log of that in the first post. Should make things easier.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Right then. Tomorrow I am at a tournament in Portsmouth, and next weekend is the Midlands Open. Due to comp. and other things, I have needed / decided to get some more stuff complete. This has involved me painting up ;
Loremaster of Hoeth,
Anointed of Asyrian (was completed a while back,)
The foot Battle Standard Bearer,
2 Mages on Foot,
10 Silver Helms and
28 White Lions of Chrace.
Oh and make two movement trays.

Well before 7am on the Friday before Pompey Pillage, my to do list is,
Finish one Mage (was done, but have had to convert it a little,)
6 White Lions (plus a further two for the following week,)
9 Shields (plus an additional one for the following week,)
5 Banners
And if I have time, a little more work on the bases.

So there should be a good amount of extra popping up next week.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen