Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The footy thread
Long suffering Villa fan here
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
So for a club that was in crisis so sacked our manager... Sherwood has done okay over Christmas so far! As we're only 3 points off top4 and 8pts of the top...

GET IN YOU SPURS!!! fantastic win

Great result mate!
(01-01-2014, 10:58 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Great result mate!

Got a little lucky with some close penalty calls, especially at Old Trafford, but we defended like beavers and got the job done!

Just got to carry that result on, last year we beat Arsenal putting us 11pts clear of them in 4th, we then lost to Fulham at home and drew 0-0 with Stoke... This season we have Crystal Palace at home and Swansea at home... both winnable games for us..

Your deffo back in the mix for champions league and its always nice to see united lose! Although after last night and the Liverpool game last week i think howard webbs lost the plot! 3 clear penalties and 2 clear reds acroas the two games!
(02-01-2014, 01:01 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Your deffo back in the mix for champions league and its always nice to see united lose! Although after last night and the Liverpool game last week i think howard webbs lost the plot! 3 clear penalties and 2 clear reds acroas the two games!

Not sure about the penalties in our game... if you look at the contact on our game... Lloris looked bad, but really he didn’t make any real contact, if Young stays on his feet, gets clattered, clear penalty… (no red card, we had 2 men on the line), but he jumped and then did a roll on the air… Welbeck was falling before our defender made contact, same as Janazi… but I can see why Moyes was angry… they all looked bad in real time to me, as a spurs fan I thought “oh crap..”

So how many times is Lloris going to take players out before it costs you then Rob? Can't see him getting a third go.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Not bitter are we gaz? :p

He's a quality keeper, up there with the best IMO.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes control of Cardiff City, I wish him luck, he might need some.

I actually think Tan has made the right call in bringing him in over say Jol who was an obvious choice as Ole has won things as a player, coach (look at his record at United as a coach, it's impressive) and then at Molde with limited funds. An up and coming manager for sure.

As a side note, it's nice to see lots of young managers being given their chance in the premier league.