Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
News from Mantic open day
Quote:Scarletsquig on dakka wrote-
My own info dump from the Open Day.

- Zombie sprue has finished tooling and test sprues are incoming (they are hoping to have them tomorrow).

- Mantic has a strict "if we don't like it we're not paying you" contract with their manufacturer now which is apparently doing wonders for tooling quality. Warpath KS has been deliberately delayed for a long time because they're just plain not touching it unless they can go almost entirely hard plastic with it and have a properly established, not-experimental, confident production process for detailed organics up and running.

- You are not going to want or need to use glue on any of your deadzone terrain, snap fit means snap fit and its about three times harder to take the things apart than it is to put them together.

- 4 Kickstarters next year.. Dreadball Extreme, Kings of War, DKH 4, Warpath, possibly in that order. They expect DB Extreme and KoW to be small, and DKH 4 and Warpath to be insanely massive in terms of total funding given what they have planned for the last two. Possibility of much shorter-length kickstarters in future, they know they have a mature KS audience at this point that doesn't want things to drag out and likes to keep it simple. Probably no faction swapouts in future kickstarters, Mars Attacks credit system wasn't popular (I liked it, though).

- KoW KS will be for Abyssals, then try to fund Nature and terrain. Alessio rewriting Abyssal list.

- They want KoW 2.0 to have entirely shipped before Warpath KS launches to give some idea of timescales... a lot of stuff is already sculpted for KoW 2.0, the infantry is all digitally sculpted hard plastic, and Slyvain is doing the restics which will be the large infantry and other minis.

- There is going to be a new, fifth battlezone coming out with the retail release. It'll have the long wall and other stuff on it.

- There will be some fantasy terrain in the KoW Kickstarter. I tried to get some hints out of Ronnie but he didn't let much slip, just talked about using the same modular system as the deadzone terrain, possibility of fantasy buildings/ castle.

- Lots of Brokkrs! My favourite part of the day was seeing these. For both deadzone and dreadball, they're much closer to the dreadball sculpts in style than the warpath ones, proportions are really good. I thought they were Kev white sculpts due to the clean sculpting style, but they're by Steve Saunders (think he did the Rebs as well? Damn good sculpts).

They had a 3d print of the mining laser too, looked great. Anyone who backed for forgefathers in DZ is going to be very happy,it looks like

- Molochs are actually rather nice, I am pleasantly surprised Slyvain toned down the concept art a bit in terms of proportions, the hands are not giant, they're scaled nicely and while the short legs and long arms are there it doesn't feel as disjointed on the sculpts like it does on the trolls. It seems to work a bit better. 6 head options, and tons of arm options for the moloch units, as well as full command. Same amount of bitz as the ogres.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Interested in Dwarf kings hold 4, rumours that it could be a plastic modular dungeon!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven