Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield Birmingham 40k Team Tournament in June
Question - you can only use each codex once, does this mean that if Nick uses the space marine codex as his main force and tau as his allied force, I can't use marine allies?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Correct Chris, I also cannot really take my Farsight bomb as it uses the most powerful codexes in one army. I’m assuming Nick is wanting to take his Marines, seen as he has such a powerful list, I would be keen for him to take them.

Team play is different, Alpha strike armies have an important roles in teams, but also armies that are really hard to kill thrive as well. Very interesting strategic options.

Tactics wise, we need one army to be thrown under the bus each round, this is our put forward army basically each round, this would an army that our opponents would have 3 lists to pick from to tackle it, I'm happy to be that army, the Beastpack is very durable and flexible in that regard.

Then it comes down to praying on lists, as our opponents will have to put up a list for us to pray on after matching up against my Beastpack, we’ll have 2 lists to pick from (the third being champion), Ravenwing do this well, being an Alpha strike army! I would like a list that is able to Alpha strike and cripple armies in one turn. As we get to basically pick opponents per list, your list Chris, would inherently be a pray list and we’d be looking to pray on lists that are durable, so this means MC heavy lists and horde armies or even Beastpack lists, do you think your Raven Wing can do this? Could you send me a list?

We then have to decide on whos put forward second and/or Champion, I think Nicks current list looks like a good Champion/second put forward list being durable and able to deal a lot of damage, what do you say Nick? It may mean you’re also thrown under the bus? Could you build a list and sent it to me? I think the list should be quite durable, but TBH I like the Double Landraider list you’re taking to BBV.

And Rob your list then becomes another pray/champion list, which can basically deal with everything, we can try to avoid AV14 with your current list, unless you want to include Haywire Crypteks, but I’m not keen on them, as it exposes troops, so I think your which is basically designed to be very good at a couple of things, namely killing things! Like the others, could you also send me a list?

How does this sound? I don’t want to be a dictator, so what are your thoughts? Are you happy with your role etc?

sounds really cool, yes i think ravenwing can handle MC and horde, probably involving black knights and also the dakka banner with some 6 man bike units - will draught a list (or two) up when i get a chance.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
If i can make it i would deffo take my marines! Could ally with Tau or blood angels depending what everyone else wanted to use. Could even go marines and inquisition if needed! Acces to 12pt scoring units is great lol
Cheers guys!

Big Grin

Just realised this event clashes with war of the roses?
War of the Roses is may mate, 16/17th of may off the top of my head.. :p

Haha couldnt have been further off!!
Hey are we doing this still cos think we'll need to get tickets b4 they sell out. If it's not happening I'll be looking to go to war of the roses in may instead.