Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GW 'Warrior's Code' for Tournaments and Plastic Thunderhawk/Sisters
Seeing as the only Warhammer world host official tournaments now, not massively relevant but worth knowing if anyone does intend to attend one.

Left the Thunderhawk/sisters rumour in it as part of the same thing (but i'll believe when i see it on them)-

Quote: Denzark on the Bols Lounge wrote:
Just back from my latest foray into the GW tournament, Throne of Skulls. I thought you might like some information on the meta there, things I saw over the weekend, and a few rumours etc

Rules
GW yellow staff were being quite tight in areas. There is a new 'Warrior's Code' coming in for 2014, but they seem to apply them from this weekend. This included:

All painted Armies. Now, GW state they will not apply a '3 colour standard' because this is open to abuse. They picked up on someone with a very basic paint scheme that was supposed to be white scar bikers that seemed to be a white primer, a wash and some boltgun metal on the bike engines.

No proxies. This is subject to interpretation, but they seem to enforce it based on 'if it has a model is must be used' and conversions must be pre-approved if heavy and not blatantly obvious what the mini is. One fellow who fell foul had an immaculately painted army with Dark angel minis, but painted as White Scars. Even though it had conversions like landspeeders with twin lascannons for preds, he was made to re-write the list as a White Scars list. So the big ugly speeder was a LR etc. I thought this was quite harsh.

Others included me being asked why my drop pod doors were glued shut - ummm because I don't like them flapping around, I can't be arsed to paint the insides and also because i was not aware the rules said a vehicle's doors must be modelled to open?

Rumours
These were picked up from attendees not any GW staff. I cannot comment on the provenance. But, 2 main ones. Firstly, plastic T-Hawk is designed. However it currently takes 7 sprues. Apparently the problem is that the big boy kit machine can only do 6 at a time. So the sprues need rehashing to try and cram it all in to make it economical. (I know, I know...) The other is that plastic Sisters are done. The timing of the new codex is an attempt to whittle down some apparently high stocks of current metal.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cust...e_V1.2.pdf
The Warrior's Code is partially true although not in the way he presents it (No counts-as isn't true, specific paint for specific chapters isn't there, and it appears to be only for WW)

Quote:From Larry Vela, re: Thunderhawk:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/11/4...-more.html

Then stuff like this started to show up from multiple sources:

-Plastic Thunderhawk - 2014
-Not an exact duplication of Forgeworld's kit due to the need to streamline for a limited number of sprues and boxing size limitations.
-Additional weapon hardpoints and weapon options compared to the Forgeworld kit. Look for weapon hardpoints and options from other Space Marine flyer kits for clues.
-Multiple T-Hawk sub-variants can be built from the kit. ~editor's note: Forgeworld only offers the "standard" and "transport" versions, unless this is referring to things like Marine, Grey Knight, Inquisition, CSM variants...The Thunderhawk and other(s) plastic Apocalypse kit will be the featured new models in the 2014 Apocalypse Supplement.

Now if there is something that the 40K community treats like an urban legend it's any talk of the semi-legendary plastic Thunderhawk. Like Nessie, Bigfoot and UFOs, we all want to believe. There have been second hand accounts over the years, always just out of touch... But this is the highest concentration and most specific chatter we've heard so far.

We rate these rumors as follows:
Apocalypse Stuff: Probable coming from multiple known sources
Thunderhawk Stuff: Possible coming from multiple sources, but it involves the words "Thunderhawk" and "Plastic" so we rolled it back one notch...

I can't even imagine what it will cost... Have at it.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
What a sad state of affairs... such elitist behavior in a 'hobby' is just pathetic...

No doubt you will need to show passports for future entry to avoid any Australian anti-elitist rampaging through the halls armed with a heavy duty paint remover spray system.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
It is a bit heavy handed, but the only official tournaments run nowadays are at Warhammer world so it isn't going to have a major impact. Things like Caledonian and Battlefield Birmingham it will have zero impact on unless they decide to use the guidelines (unlikely as they get zero prize support off GW).

But it certainly doesn't paint GW in a great light about the converted army, using official GW parts being made to change his army.

My favourite is this though-
Quote: Warrior Code wrote:Here are some examples of incomplete
miniatures:
• One Mangler Squig on a base (even if you
strap a smaller Squig to it with a chain – it’s
not the same model!)
• Two Scarabs on a swarm base (it’s not really
a swarm if there are only two, is it?)
• An arm on the floor representing a Skeleton
(it’s not been fully raised boss, honest!)

Bit of a money grab there.....

It seems to be the direction GW are moving at present...
Blood bowl Skaven
Vince, that has been in place in all of their events for years. All they have done now, is tidy it up into one document, rather than copy everything into every event pack that they do from now on. Much easier to publish one document, and in a ToS rules pack put, see warriors code, rather than have everything in text format. It even means should they wish to, they can make it easier for changes to be noted, similar to the FAQ updates, where they highlight latest changes, i.e. warriors code v2.x etc. I know the vast majority of it was in place when Alan and myself attended the Battlefield event. The only things of note for myself, is them asking you to build a whole model, rather than try to be cheap (and quite a few tournaments would have an issue with the skeleton example, although the other two listed I think independents wouldn't,) and from the WFB side, they stipulated how much a unit filler can fill. If they really wanted to grab the cash, it would have been far more effective to ban them outright, and force you to buy more models. I genuinely applaud the document, as have most of the WFB event scene, for making it quite clear.

As for you issue about conversions, I can partly understand your fear. But look at the examples they have given. Each one again is where there is no initial basis of the original model. The obvious fear, is that there is an effort to deceive your opponent, by making something that in no way resembles what they are actually facing. And if you read their reasoning that's exactly what they state. The example about the White Scar / Dark Eldar, whilst a "converted force," it was a Proxy Force, which had been banned for years. So I would think the guy an idiot for taking it in the first place.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just to clarify, i have no objection to the rules pack as i have no intention of going to any of the WW tournaments. I was mainly posting to bring to yourself/Alan as i know you have been to tournaments etc there and wasn't sure if there was any changes that you might want brought to your attention (or anyone else for that matter) before you go.

The only thing that i disagree with is converted armies thing (bearing in mind that the stuff in quotes is not me speaking it is Denzark comments. ijust posted it here in quotes rather than force people to go through links.) but again wouldn't effect me. Though i could take my Mantic guard and see how many seconds it take for me to get kicked out (and rightly so)! Tongue

To be honest the skeleton i agree with but posted that example so as not to seem like i was picking points in my favour.

The only things i was really interested in was the rumours about a plastic T-hawk but would die of salt intake before i believed that without massive proof! Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Warriors Code has received a slight update. Now include GW downloads, FW and experimental rules. The last bit is a surprise.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen