Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Warm Up 1850pt 40k Tournament
As for my list... I'm struggling like Nick said with how to spend the additional points...

the core of my list leaves me with 180pts to play with:

3 Shadow Weaves are 90pts gives me 3 small Str6/7 blasts to try and snipe out characters as they are barrage with a 48" range, could go ontop of a Bastion and a crew member can man the Quadgun.

Rangers to infiltrate which is done before scout moves, scouts moves cannot come within 12" of an enemy unit, so the Rangers can play interference for 60pts it's cheep, but gives up first blood... the Rangers can also man the Quadgun which is nice!

5 Warp Spiders will set me back 95pts and I want to make at least some of the Jetbike squads useful...

So something will have to bite the bullet and I'm thinking the Shadow Weavers and pray I don't meet a Screamer Council.

My list in its entirety:

Farseer - Jetbike, Runes of Warding and Witnessing, Spear - 145
Farseer - Jetbike, Runes of Warding and Witnessing, Shard and Spear - 185
Baron - 105
10 Warlocks - 10 Jetbikes, 6 Spears - 530
5 Rangers - 60
3 Jetbikes - Shuriken Cannon - 61
3 Jetbikes - Shuriken Cannon - 61
3 Jetbikes - 51
3 Jetbikes - 51
5 Kabalite Warriors - 45
6 Swooping Hawks - 96
5 Warp Spiders - 95
Wraithknight - 240
Bastion - Quadgun - 125
1850 on the nose Cool

Hopefully i draw you for purge the alien :p looks a nice list mate! Not thought about the dark eldar bomber? Seems great at taking out priority targets!
Lol!

Payment sent as well as a list change...

I've hacked apart a second Dreadknight and 2 War Walkers to give me a 2nd Wraithknight! Wink

So my list looks a little like this:
Farseer – Jetbike, Shard, Spear, Warding and Witnessing – 185
Farseer – Jetbike, Spear, Warding and Witnessing – 145
10 Jetbikes – 10 Jetbikes, 10 Spears – 550
Baron – 105
5 Kabalite Warriors – 45
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
3 Jetbikes – 51
Wraithknight – 240
Wraithknight – 240
Bastion – Quadgun – 125
1839 pts

Still have a few pts to play with hmm

Like the two wraith knight list better, 1 is hard enough to deal with!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Agreed! Wraithknights are nasty!! Unless they die in combat to a suped up librarian :p
(21-11-2013, 03:20 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Agreed! Wraithknights are nasty!! Unless they die in combat to a suped up librarian :p

Lol, I didn't realise Wraithknights aren't characters in anyway so cannot challenge, be challenged... not that it made a difference I played so poorly lol!

We need a rematch now I kinda know what I'm doing, either the first or second week in december if you fancy it? Tongue

Oh really? To be fair it could have worked out the same if i just decided that the libby was attacking the wraithknight instead of the walrlocks? But yeah a rematch sounds good! Will have to try n get it in before the warm up event so we can see how competitive our lists really are? Could even play 2 weeks if you want for extra practise?
Lol if Gaz can dig out his Chaos Hounds in time I will be using a beastpack on Tuesday night, might have to proxy one of two bits, but it won't be horrendous.

After the game with Chris the other night I was left feeling that the Council was AWESOME, but it doesn't have much and at 1850pts I was only gaining a Wraithknight, the problem is that Nick or any army with lots of high strength LOW ap shots will just remove one per turn... so I need more supporting units, the Beastpack is just a powerful, have even move board control and comes in at less points...

So going to winter warm up in just two weeks... I'm think my list will be something like:

Eldrad
Farseer - Jetbike
Baron
4x3 Jetbikes
5 DE Warriors
Beastpack
2 Wraithknights

Leaves me with a few pts to tinker with bits and bobs..

Nothing is painted yet... so where did I put my tank brush?

Paid Big Grin just need to sort a list now!!
Payday by any chance? :p

Just gotta finish my list as well... lol a few last minute changes :p