Poll: Dataslates okay for use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep
50.00%
2 50.00%
Yep, but with conditions
25.00%
1 25.00%
Nope
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dataslates- okay or not?
Or another method when arranging game was to have a MTG like system, for example-
Apocalypse is coming - everthing goes
40k elite - Everything bar Escalation, stronghold assault and dataslate formations
40k old school - Standard codex only, no allies

Not saying those restrictions exactly, but you get the idea i hope....
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I think it would be good just to check with your opponent before the game. If you want to play something and they agree that's fine. For leagues etc then set up what will be allowed in that league - I personally would not want to see data slates or apoc weapons in this. I'm not planning on getting any data slates, they don't interest me but would be willing to play against them in a friendly (at least the first time...if they are way ott then I might change my mind!). GW policy seems to be to reap the max money out of the customers they have, irrespective of impact on the game, rather than building a game with the best rules which depresses me slightly.

I think being able to take allies in principal is a good thing, but feel it needs adjustment (grey knights and necrons?! Maybe no special characters in the allied detachment). It throws the game more off balance. However complainers are gonna complain, so maybe we should just suck it up and accept the changes, if the game was static would we play it as much? Does changing it constantly keeps us on our toes and interested? Also, when is 7th due to come out? I give it not much more than a year.

Just thinking out loud really!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari