Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHFB Campaign? FAQs page 4
(24-01-2014, 06:52 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:39 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:10 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: Do we need to declare a specific Lord at some point? One guy you must take as your general? Or is the player the Lord and sends different generals as req'd?

Answered under FAQs

Poop. Looks like its High Elves.

Can you not proxy a figure or something? Must be a daemon lord less than 375 points????
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Hope you don't mind but edited the title to say what page FAQs are on for ease of navigation. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Paul its more the fact that I have spent over £100 on figures in the past week, and I had no intention of buying a Greater Deamon. I might have bought a Deamon Prince, and possibly would do in the future, but I have neither the time nor money, to once again go out, and buy something. Particularly as I am trying to paint a High elf army, and losing more time is something I cannot afford. Its one of the reasons I am not heading to the mini-con.as it is, in their basic form you can get Two lords for exactly 375, and one for 250, but its garbage unless you spend over another 100 points on it.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-01-2014, 06:58 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:52 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:39 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:10 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: Do we need to declare a specific Lord at some point? One guy you must take as your general? Or is the player the Lord and sends different generals as req'd?

Answered under FAQs

Poop. Looks like its High Elves.

Can you not proxy a figure or something? Must be a daemon lord less than 375 points????

Does force mean the army that takes the field or the players' army?

Fitting a 300+ point Lord into a 600 point defending team is quite an ask if a Lord has to be present.
Well look your force (1500 points) is an expeditionary force sent from your realm into this strange place.

If you want that to be lead by a Hero, I don't have any problem with that.

It's aimed at being a game of fun that all can participate in.

I'll tweak the rules to facilitate. Big Grin

FAQs (now handily signposted on Page 4) edited accordingly!

Note: in this first bash, your 1500 point force has to adhere to the percentages as described, lords or no. But how you split those 900 and 600 there is no restriction percentage distribution wise.
(24-01-2014, 07:41 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Well look your force (1500 points) is an expeditionary force sent from your realm into this strange place.

Note: in this first bash, your 1500 point force has to adhere to the percentages as described, lords or no. But how you split those 900 and 600 there is no restriction percentage distribution wise.

Presumably then, there can only be one BSB across the 2 forces. If only 2 characters are taken, and 1 is a BSB, does this mean one of the forces cannot have a general? Or is the usual rule regarding BSB not being a general lifted?

Also, finally, regarding the 2 magic items you can take. If I choose not to take any items at all, are my characters locked into having no magic items until I find / earn them?
(26-01-2014, 12:40 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 07:41 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Well look your force (1500 points) is an expeditionary force sent from your realm into this strange place.

Presumably then, there can only be one BSB across the 2 forces. If only 2 characters are taken, and 1 is a BSB, does this mean one of the forces cannot have a general? Or is the usual rule regarding BSB not being a general lifted?

Also, finally, regarding the 2 magic items you can take. If I choose not to take any items at all, are my characters locked into having no magic items until I find / earn them?

Just 1 BSB and in this campaign he CAN be the 'General'. Further in this campaign, where scenarios are such that no Lord or Hero is available in an army, then a unit champion with highest leadership will gain temporary title of Captain and lead the battle.

Magic Items and Army Composition. In terms of what can go between home world and the Sand World, you start off with 2 magic item slots available (This is all the magic your wizardly folk have so far been able to send through the void.) However, as you gain GOLD you can buy additional slots, representing a 'break-through'. This is also true for number of special units, heros, etc.

Magic Items found locally (and some allies) are purely bonus and do not affect your 1500 point and/or slots limits.

In theory, you can send units home from the front and replace them with fresh units. This is also possible for Home-World magic items.
However, it's not that simple. Assuming you have a full 1500 point compliment, then you have to send 'stuff' home, leaving a 'hole', then send stuff back out from home. There is always a chance stuff doesn't go, or is delayed in transit, and then the same applies to replacement stuff coming back the other way. This is a unit by unit and magic item by magic item roll, basically roll a d11-66, 11-13 means it is delayed in transit (until after next battle), 14-16, means it doesn't go at all. If you wanted to send a 100 point unit of archers home and replace them with 2 x magic items worth 100 points, three rolls are required.

Losses on the battlefield may not equal deaths. After a battle, units that take losses are rolled for. Basically on or off the field if they have zero models left roll a d6, on a 1-2 they are unsavable and their value is now available to be replaced from home world or local allies. Units that fall below 50%, roll d6, on 4-6 they recoup in time for next battle, on 1-3 they are unable to recoup in time for next battle and cannot be fielded (they are 100% OK for battle after that). Half units still count as full original unit point value. So you may want to try to send half units home, etc.

All the chopping and changing can be done with me during the weeks between games.

On battle nights (after the first) once you know what you are doing and who it's against you can pay GOLD for one emergency transport both ways (risk still applies).

(Copied to FAQs also)
Right if I understand right apart from swapping the initial army i create I will be using through the campaign plus reinforcements, in that case it completely changes my list. I'm going to write an army for use through out the campaign not just for Tuesday nights battle.

Ok question, since casualties persist depending on rolls what happens to new troops created within battle? There are several ways a daemon army can do that and im sure others might have ways too.

Question 2 is there anything to stop something like a Bloodthirster from ripping the wall off the hutt containing the portal so he can gain access? Or more in general what happens if the building sustains damage or can it even take damage?

Sorry for the Delay but Ben (Mooglemania) had his transplant operation friday morning so i've been slightly distracted lol
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(26-01-2014, 10:12 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Question 2 is there anything to stop something like a Bloodthirster from ripping the wall off the hutt containing the portal so he can gain access?

Apart from the fact that it costs 400 points and cannot be fielded in a force of less than 1600?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(26-01-2014, 10:12 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Right if I understand right apart from swapping the initial army i create I will be using through the campaign plus reinforcements, in that case it completely changes my list. I'm going to write an army for use through out the campaign not just for Tuesday nights battle.

Ok question, since casualties persist depending on rolls what happens to new troops created within battle? There are several ways a daemon army can do that and im sure others might have ways too.

Question 2 is there anything to stop something like a Bloodthirster from ripping the wall off the hutt containing the portal so he can gain access? Or more in general what happens if the building sustains damage or can it even take damage?

Sorry for the Delay but Ben (Mooglemania) had his transplant operation friday morning so i've been slightly distracted lol

Given that you will not know which race you will be facing until the night of the battle, then a force that can cater for everything is advised (IMHO). However, if you gain +Initiative rewards, e.g. some terrain provides +1 or +2 initiative, then you might think you will be high up the list and able to choose your enemy. Thus you could risk building the perfect army.

Let's assume Summoned/Raised/Controlled Troops etc. are affected by the Winds of Magic and will be temporary, disappearing or reverting. However, your own Characters that transmogrify into something else remain so.

Buildings are buildings and subject to the rules for buildings. If a building was destroyed it would become dangerous terrain, with portal still there.