Baron
4x3 Jetbikes
1x5 Warriors
6 Swooping Hawks
10 Warp Spiders
Wraithknight
Wraithknight

Game1:

I would be facing off against Dan Sackett and his beastpack (again), last time out at BB I against Dan and he tabled my game 1, he's also ranked the best Eldar and Dark Eldar player in the UK. So I would not be in a for an easy game!

Dans list:
Eldrad
Farseer - Shard, Jetbike
Baron
4x3 Jetbikes
1x5 Warriors
6 Swooping Hawks
Wraithknight
Wraithknight
Wraithknight

A mirror match basically, the only difference is that I had Warp Spiders and he had a 3rd Wraithknight.

Mission: Emperors Will and Dawn of War deployment, I won the roll for turn1 and took it,

My psychic powers: Eldrad: Doom, Fortune, Prescience and Invisibility
Farseer: had Invisibility, Prescience and Terrify.

Dan's Eldrad had Deathmission, Fortune, Invisibility and Terrify, his Farseer had Prescience, Missfortune? and Puppet Master. So we both had similar powers.

I had 2 choices in this game, go for it, risking everything to go for the win or play defensive and play for the draw, in the end I played for the draw and got it, by start of turn5 not even firstblood had been achieved! Dan played a bit better than me and was in a stronger position throughout the game, but I got a little lucky instant killing 2 Wraithknights with my two, then Dan killed one of mine (instant death) and then his Swooping Hawks then bombed the 4 scoring units on my objective, killing 1 unit.

I was extremely happy to end the game as a Draw, Dan did obtain linebreaker, so ended up winning 11-9 on tournament points.

So with a draw I was sitting mid table going into game2

Messages In This Thread
RE: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament - by Embolden - 16-02-2014, 05:58 AM