Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament
Well my game against Dave went very badly, but I forgot I couldn't assault T1 if I go first and also forgot about the DW assault T1 so they came on late. Got shot off the table by lots of meltas and exorcists, with the very low model count army I have to be careful how I play them. Even the depleted bike star did well - took out the saint (once but she got back up), the seraphim, three units of sisters and a unit of guardsmen, plus an exorcist and an immolater. Rest of the list did pretty much nothing though which I'm not sure I like (although it was 1500 and not 1850).

Will stick with the list for now but have thought about a different one after going back to the drawing board. Would appreciate some comments on this:

Azrael
Librarian - level 1 (prescience or ignore cover) - power field gen., bike, infra visor
Ravenwing command - 5 man, apothecary, 1 g. Launcher
RAS - 3 bikes, attack bike with multi melta
RAS - 3 bikes, attack bike with multi melta
Tac squad - 5man, plasma cannon, Rhino
Tac squad - 5 man, plasma cannon, Rhino
Tac squad - 5 man, plasma cannon
Deathwing Squad, 4 th and storm shields, cyclone ml
10 Devs - 4 las cannons
5 ravenwing black knights - 1 grenade launcher
Total 1850

As goes with a dev squad usually on an objective giving them 4++,FNP so hard to remove. Tacs sit in rhinos and shoot templates. Bikes outflank and/or hide. Deathwing can either deep strike t1 with black knights going up one flank, or can hang back defending home objective with the gun line. I could also use the rhinos as mobile cover for the two black knight squads to advance behind. The Libby is there to give the devs prescience t1 and give 4++ to the black knight command! or the other squad.

This list is a lot more cautious but can still assault and grab objectives, with multiple threats rather than all my eggs in one basket with the bike star, and has 8 scoring units with azrael being a dude. Plus it's fairly fluffy with all three wings of the dark angels represented.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari

Messages In This Thread
RE: battlefield Birmingham 5 40k tournament - by jaqenhgar - 29-01-2014, 11:28 AM